Vet in Holland recommendation (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just thought I'd post details of the vet we used yesterday in Sas Van Gent in Holland, just over the Belgian border about 20km North of Gent:

email: info@dierenklinieksasvangent.nl

The vet and nurse we met spoke perfect English - the vet was a youngish lady who, if you didn't know, you'd swear was actually English!

They have 'walk in' sessions in a morning and evening Mon-Fri and also do a Saturday morning one too, and you can arrange appointments for outside of these surgery hours if needs be.

We rang before our visit to see how much the cost would be so we didn't get any nasty shocks and were told that for our 3 dogs (2 x 8kg, 1 x 20kg) it would be €44 including tablets, or €27.50 if we supplied our own so the cost is more than acceptable! (y) I assume the cost would be €27.50 if you only had one dog though as this appeared to be the standard consultation fee.

There is plenty of free parking in the town itself however a few minutes walk away is a very nice free parking area on grass for MHs next to the waterways and although there are no facilities it is a lovely place to spend a night or two, watching the big, and little, boats go by or going for a cycle ride, walk etc. The town itself is quite small but has a couple of supermarkets (one being the MHers favourite Lidl!) and a few eateries.

We spent a lovely peaceful night here last night with about 15 other MHs (the most we've ever seen here!) and are staying tonight too after having a lovely chill-out day.

I can highly recommend the parking and the vet too although the use of one isn't compulsory in order to use the other! :D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back