Fiat camper app (1 Viewer)

LuckyLuke

Free Member
Aug 16, 2017
France & UK
Funster No
MH
A - Class / Integral
have just downloaded it and put in the chassis number of my new moho- it's very helpfully told me there is an outstanding recall on it. Overall it's a great little app and quite an added bonus of ownership.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
On Monday I had a phone call from Fiat UK, after I had made a query on how long was the warranty period.
They told me that our Globecar had not been registered with Fiat and I would have to go to a Fiat professional dealership with the log book and get it registered.
I did this yesterday and was told that I'm on their data base now.

I've just put my details on the Fiat app and my new Globecar chassis number isn't recognised still, so I've sent Fiat UK another message.

John.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I called my local Fiat Professional dealer after importing our van to arrange a software update that showed up on the app as part of a recall.
he couldn't find my van having been registered with Fiat, which kind of makes sense as it was self imported from Germany.
but he said it was not uncommon for MH to not be registered with Fiat, therefore effectively not be covered by the warranty until they were And the dealer can't get paid by fiat for warranty work until it is registered with them
he took a copy of the v5 to confirm registration date and fiat later confirmed the van had been registered with Fiat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
have just downloaded it and put in the chassis number of my new moho- it's very helpfully told me there is an outstanding recall on it. Overall it's a great little app and quite an added bonus of ownership.
I have had two upgrades on mine and you do have to be registered with Fiat camper. The first was a recall on the ignition switch. The second was a free upgrade of the dashboard lights to keep them on in daylight.
There are English speakers on the telephone line and they are very good at keeping you informed. I have had two follow up calls to check I am happy. Mine was registered for 3 year warranty by IH.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I called my local Fiat Professional dealer after importing our van to arrange a software update that showed up on the app as part of a recall.
he couldn't find my van having been registered with Fiat, which kind of makes sense as it was self imported from Germany.
but he said it was not uncommon for MH to not be registered with Fiat, therefore effectively not be covered by the warranty until they were And the dealer can't get paid by fiat for warranty work until it is registered with them
he took a copy of the v5 to confirm registration date and fiat later confirmed the van had been registered with Fiat
Before our last trip (already done one foreign trip) I realised I hadn't registered mine so went along to local commercial Fiat dealer that are listed on Fiat Camper service centres they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Reminds me I'll ring Fiat customer services to see if they did anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back