Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
With no ELC on the pitch is there anywhere on site to charges electric bikes
Yes there are several sockets around the site and you would be welcome to bring them around our pitch to charge.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Graham remember us Peter n MERETE promise you can pronounce it this year anyway we love country and western so if anyone else interested (come on gang) perhaps a bit of line dancing one night just a suggestion

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham remember us Peter n MERETE promise you can pronounce it this year anyway we love country and western so if anyone else interested (come on gang) perhaps a bit of line dancing one night just a suggestion
Good idea Merete. Would you like to organise it while we are there as I know nowt about Country and Western. I am sure you will get plenty of takers.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Due to change of circumstances .......:(
see For Sale listings and pm if interested in cheap daytime return ferry crossing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi we are new to Motorhomeing aboard we would like to come down to Twin Lakes we are wondering if anyone is leaving after Sept 9th and we would be able to tag on we live in Bridgend South Wales and would like any advice on the best crossing leaving around Sept 9th and comeing back around the Sept 22nd is it possable to have an open ticket to come back within a few days any help would be gratefully recived

Allan

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi we are new to Motorhomeing aboard we would like to come down to Twin Lakes we are wondering if anyone is leaving after Sept 9th and we would be able to tag on we live in Bridgend South Wales and would like any advice on the best crossing leaving around Sept 9th and comeing back around the Sept 22nd is it possable to have an open ticket to come back within a few days any help would be gratefully recived

Allan
I am sure someone will come along and give you the advise you need. In the meantime contact themogs, they live very close to you and can advise on the best crossings, etc. They are also coming to Twin Lakes for the duration.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.

Allan

Hi Allan,:)
We're leaving our green and wet land on Sept 3rd.:D:D
Our ferry (Portsmouth to Caen) is booked, and we return on Oct 12th.
Unfortunately our dates are of no use to you, but we can recommend that ferry
route. We've tried Newhaven to Dieppe, but the Caen one we find is a lot better for us.
We are then sauntering down to Twin Lakes, with overnight stays at Tours
and Angouleme .(y)
Sorry we can't be of more help, but should you think of something, please feel free to p.m.
us.(y)(y)

Viv

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Many thanks for your help

Allan
Just a thought Allan !o_O!
The afternoon ferry docks at Caen about 9.00pm
There is a campsite just 2 kms down the road, that stays open for the ferry
arrivals. It's called La Riva Bella.
You could obviously stay the night and be refreshed the following morning for your onward travels.(y)
Viv

Reactions: JaG
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Further to what Viv has said. If your ferry is on the 9th (Saturday) stay at the campsite and travel on the Sunday morning. Early Sunday mornings are generally very quiet with regard to road traffic.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Odd question....
As we are pretty near standing water and the weather is likely to be warm can any of Twin Lakes regulars assist as to whether there is an issue with mosquitos as one of our party doesnt deal with them very well and we will have to take 'precautions'

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Odd question....
As we are pretty near standing water and the weather is likely to be warm can any of Twin Lakes regulars assist as to whether there is an issue with mosquitos as one of our party doesnt deal with them very well and we will have to take 'precautions'
We have never had an issue with mosquitoes however you are next to water so there will be some, as they are here.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi Graham/Jean is there any room for us on this meet . we would like to book from the 6th till the 17th if possible no EHU necessary

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Hi Can you please put us down to attend from the 6th September for 7 days, probably extend if turns out as good as it appears

Regards Peter

Sunny spot if possible

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
hi Graham/Jean is there any room for us on this meet . we would like to book from the 6th till the 17th if possible no EHU necessary
Consider that done.
Seeing as you are a fisherman bring some strong line with you, or have fun bring in a 20lb plus on 8lb line. :reel:.
See you there. :france:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Can you please put us down to attend from the 6th September for 7 days, probably extend if turns out as good as it appears

Regards Peter

Sunny spot if possible
:welcome3:Consider that done.
There is a ray of sunshine everywhere at Twin Lakes. :sun::sun::sun::france:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Consider that done.
Seeing as you are a fisherman bring some strong line with you, or have fun bring in a 20lb plus on 8lb line. :reel:.
See you there. :france:
Thanks looking forward to the meet ps have been before 5years running when Sandra was alive

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @JaG could you give us some idea as to what sort of weather to expect in September, only having just unloaded about 25 Kg of clothing which hasn't been worn on our last trip out in this country I was thinking that it could have been 25 litre of wine instead. :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi @JaG could you give us some idea as to what sort of weather to expect in September, only having just unloaded about 25 Kg of clothing which hasn't been worn on our last trip out in this country I was thinking that it could have been 25 litre of wine instead. :)

Take everything from shorts and flip flops to Arctic Thermals. It could be either.

PS I'm more than mildly jealous of all attendees.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Shorts, T-shirts, fishing rods, :reel:wine :cheers::wine:and of course...the Vicars and Tarts outfits. :rofl:
There are always rays of sunshine all over Twin Lakes all the time we are there. :sun::sun::sun:

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Shorts, T-shirts, fishing rods, :reel:wine :cheers::wine:and of course...the Vicars and Tarts outfits. :rofl:
There are always rays of sunshine all over Twin Lakes all the time we are there. :sun::sun::sun:
Can anyone teach me how to fish please ?

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Can anyone teach me how to fish please ?
Someone once told me...Point stick at water, then hang on when the fish tries to drag you into the lake.
There will be plenty of fishermen, or folk who claim to be, :rofl: who will show you the ropes.

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
I've just noticed that the list of site facilities does not mention toilets and showers, though does mention disabled facilities. As I need gallons of hot water to wash my long hair, I'm hoping showers are available!!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I've just noticed that the list of site facilities does not mention toilets and showers, though does mention disabled facilities. As I need gallons of hot water to wash my long hair, I'm hoping showers are available!!
Listing has been amended to show toilets and showers. :france:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi Graham/Jean, hope to turn up at some point during the meet, possibly for the last week if that's ok, sorry can't be more specific at the moment, got a few things to sort out!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham/Jean, hope to turn up at some point during the meet, possibly for the last week if that's ok, sorry can't be more specific at the moment, got a few things to sort out!
That's absolutely fine. I shall not put you down as you have no definite dates. There will be plenty of room, just no EHU. See you sometime during the meet. :france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back