Replacement plastic 'double glazed' unit (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
CHAUSSON FLASH 08
Exp
SINCE 2009
Anybody had any experience of getting and fitting a replacement plastic window unit?

I have managed to crack and break the corner off a side window unit in a Chausson Flash 08 - trying to gain entry after locking the keys inside! The replacement 'double glazed' unit from Chuasson through Lowdhams is over £500+VAT!

I have found one supplier (eeco in Halifax) of replacement units, half the price, but they cannot reproduce the "dotty" pattern round the edge of the window. So it is going to look "odd". However, fitting seems straight forward.

Has anybody any suggestion(s) of anybody else I could contact?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
You would need to assess the effect on resale price and whether people would notice the difference - if it could reduce the resale price by more than the difference then it would be money well spent - what about your insurance could that cover it ??

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I think your window will be like my wallpaper. A few years ago we redecorated and it annoyed me that I could see a small gap in the wallpaper but no one else noticed.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dochiley
Jan 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
CHAUSSON FLASH 08
Exp
SINCE 2009
You are both correct. When we are in the unit we cannot see the cracked section because it is below the bottom of the window opening! Also your comment about resale price strikes true.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Try O'Leary's Beverley, cant be too far from you.

Eric

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Mine was chipped away by a reversing van. Firstly, I have traded in 2 vans and a caravan and a salesman has never bothered giving more than a cursory glance at the van. When the window was broken (good 3 inch off the corner) I had to show it to a mechanic who was checking for any damage before going in for a service. Nobody will notice the lack of dots apart from you.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Try a sign manufacturer if they can produce film with dot effect.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Glue a bit of something over the cracked off bit, to make it look like a feature?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I had the same problem, about the dots that is, when I managed to crack the largest (had to be) window on our van. The difference in price for me wasn't enough to think about the pattern so I bought an original unit - which turned out to be the last unit Swift had in stock!

More worrying was how incredibly easy and quickly I changed them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back