LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK all you well travelled and knowledgeable people, we are on our way to the Norfolk show and currently stopping at Colchester for 3nights, our tour guide @KayeB want to go to the above mentioned Clacton-on-sea but anybody we mention this plan to steps back in amazement and ask WHY?.

So are we going to be hugely disappointed or mildly impressed, I will add we are quite easily pleased Kaye is anybody's for a pot of jellied eels:LOL:

Thoughts please.

Martin

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We stopped off there a couple of Month's back. Absolute s*** hole, will not return. Really enjoyed Norfolk though.

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
clacton is a bit boring nicish beach and amusements on the pier sums it up much nicer in a shabby seaside way is walton . Go up to the naze theres a nice cafe and walks along the cliff tops theres a good beach and some junk shops in the town and the highlight is the pie and mash shop.there is pay parking parking both in town and on the naze
frinton is the upmarket resort only recently gaining a pub after many years without my mum always told the story of going to frinton as teenagers when my uncle would hide round a corner and start calling out like a paper selller (which was also banned in frinton) to watch them all rush out of the shops looking for the source

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Martin aka @funflair. Clacton sea front is quite nice with gardens etc, but parking is an issue with the MH. The air show is brilliant and free. The town centre is not much cop, and at the seaside end its all 'amusements'. If you are in Colchester, the rail service to Clacton is good, but again, I can't think of anywhere near Colchester station to leave the Moho.

Walton on the Naze is nicer and a lovely sandy beach, and I think the big car-park on the sea front still allows MH's but at a fee!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
theres a nice site at Thorpe le Soken with a short walk across the fields to town which has a few pubs and a tesco express kowng your both cyclists it would make a good base to explore Walton Clacton and Frinton
BREWERY DAVE LIVED THERE FULL TIME FOR A WHILE

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi Martin. Frinton down the road is far better. Clacton sea front is quite nice but nearby areas (St Osyth) has been blighted by the "costa del dole" syndrome and is indeed a dump.
Frinton is well up market. See you in Norfolk.
Regards Phil

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy

IMHO Jaywick has gone downhill since it didn't really survive the 1953 floods. But I suppose that even deadbeats and no-hopers are entitled to their own ghetto.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin aka @funflair. Clacton sea front is quite nice with gardens etc, but parking is an issue with the MH. The air show is brilliant and free. The town centre is not much cop, and at the seaside end its all 'amusements'. If you are in Colchester, the rail service to Clacton is good, but again, I can't think of anywhere near Colchester station to leave the Moho.

Walton on the Naze is nicer and a lovely sandy beach, and I think the big car-park on the sea front still allows MH's but at a fee!
Thanks for that, we are parked/camped at Colchester holiday park 1.5 miles out of centre.

Martin

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
theres a nice site at Thorpe le Soken with a short walk across the fields to town which has a few pubs and a tesco express kowng your both cyclists it would make a good base to explore Walton Clacton and Frinton
BREWERY DAVE LIVED THERE FULL TIME FOR A WHILE

Indeed, even held a meet there! ( Gourmet meet at The Bell pub and restaurant)
Short walk to the station with regular trains to Clacton and Walton. ( but as others have said, you ain't missing much!)
Thorpe itself is a nice little town, a couple of good pubs, a trendy bar/brasserie, and a Chinese.

http://www.grangefarmcampsite.co.uk/

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Clacton is ok, good Wetherspoons. You must have a drive round Jaywick, for safety no slower than 20mph or they'll have your wheels. St Osyth was nice until the Priory was sold, new owner shut the best pub. Frinton is a hospice, Walton on Naze is a very down market Clacton.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
There are some large caravan/camping sites slightly south of Jaywick. I stayed on one once. To say it was an eye opener would be an understatement :eek:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Clacton is ok, good Wetherspoons. You must have a drive round Jaywick, for safety no slower than 20mph or they'll have your wheels. St Osyth was nice until the Priory was sold, new owner shut the best pub. Frinton is a hospice, Walton on Naze is a very down market Clacton.
Wetherspoon(y)

IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG

Fantastic

It's the playhouse BTW

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
OK all you well travelled and knowledgeable people, we are on our way to the Norfolk show and currently stopping at Colchester for 3nights, our tour guide @KayeB want to go to the above mentioned Clacton-on-sea but anybody we mention this plan to steps back in amazement and ask WHY?.

So are we going to be hugely disappointed or mildly impressed, I will add we are quite easily pleased Kaye is anybody's for a pot of jellied eels:LOL:

Thoughts please.

Martin
dont park on the sea front in a m/ home
side roads ok

weely has a campsite
behind a caravan dealership
stayed their when looking to buy a bungalow
in clacton area ( 3 years back )

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

Clacton is a shithole of the highest order.
If you want to go out that way then Walton or Frinton are quite nice for a weekend away.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
Jaywick was always clactons poor relation but we had some wonderfull times there as kids all the avenues were named after car makers there was no mains drainage and the soil man came daily to empty the elsan

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Thoughts please.

Martin

Have you got a Ross Kemp thing going on and fancy getting down with the gangs in Jaywick?

If not I'd stick with your OP and say WHY?

:D2

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We stopped off there a couple of Month's back. Absolute s*** hole, will not return. Really enjoyed Norfolk though.

Keith
Much nicer than Skegness,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back