Electrolux fridge not working on gas (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
It works perfectly on hook up. I first noticed the problem at the Stratford meet which was very hot.
Winter covers are off.
Van is level
Exhaust vent is hot and is venting.
Gas is getting to the fridge because the ignitor fires up if I turn off the fridge control.
Outside temperature is not the cause as still not working at night or in cooler weather.

Fridge is original and 13 years old.

Last serviced by Murvi last October.
I have changed temperature fromy high to 3 and back with no difference

I have booked it on for a fan to be fitted but don't really think it is the issue.

Any thoughts appreciated

Karen

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Karen

No I don't think a fan will fix it either.

You say the exhaust is getting hot and it is burning on gas OK that's a good start, is the fridge even trying to cool? if it is it might just need a burner service at 13 years old.

Martin

EDIT
sorry didn't see the bit about the service last October but it could still be something in the burner, if you can see in is it a good blue flame and of a decent size.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I presume Murvi changed the pipes, they told us the pipes connecting to the fridge need changing every 10 years although that's nothing to do with your problem, did they do a full service on the fridge, did they change any parts? What does the invoice say?
If they did a full service then contact Murvi, I,m sure Rex will be fair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I presume Murvi changed the pipes, they told us the pipes connecting to the fridge need changing every 10 years although that's nothing to do with your problem, did they do a full service on the fridge, did they change any parts? What does the invoice say?
If they did a full service then contact Murvi, I,m sure Rex will be fair.

Which pipes? just gas from bottle to regulator I would guess.

Martin

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Update

I took the van to Murvi, who checked it all. It seems that rust had started blocking the pipe into the burner, and so it wasn't efficient. Looks OK again now.
However, I guess that the pipes should be renewed, or it will build up again. Any recommendations for a mobile Dometic engineer around Worcester/Malvern gratefully received.

Thanks for the responses

Karen

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Update

I took the van to Murvi, who checked it all. It seems that rust had started blocking the pipe into the burner, and so it wasn't efficient. Looks OK again now.
However, I guess that the pipes should be renewed, or it will build up again. Any recommendations for a mobile Dometic engineer around Worcester/Malvern gratefully received.

Thanks for the responses

Karen
I know someone at Exeter, Murvi use him, but probably a bit far if you can find someone closer but PM me for details if you like.
The rusty pipe is interesting, I guess it isn't the pipe becoming blocked, more likely rust particles from the pipe blocking the jet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back