Place to stay near (walking distance) to Minack Theatre. (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
As title, anyone been there and stayed nearby. Don't need lots of amenities just a place to park/crash out.

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Not sure this place is suitable. From the link provided.

....."The campsite offers seaview pitches for tents and campervans. (No caravans or large motorhomes)".

Just seen on another page that they can take one up to 7m so I should be OK. Can't book though, looks like it's a 'turn up on the day'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you have a large Motorhome your not going to find anywhere to park/crash out down there as the roads are narrow, unless your in a field or site...

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Our is 6.5m so not huge by today's standards.
The access road to the theatre is a bit clenching, width being the issue rather than length - certainly if you go past the Marconi museum car park ...I was down there last year and can't recall any suitable spots (but that doesn't mean there weren't any).

We stayed on the C&CC site at Sennan Cove and took the MH to the Marconi Museum car park and walked down to the theatre from there.

A lovely walk if the weathers nice. Second picture shows the car park I mentioned, the road in the foreground is the road to the theatre (yes, it's 2-way!)

IMG_1615.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We have always wanted to go, but it's not dog friendly so have been unable.

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
We have always wanted to go, but it's not dog friendly so have been unable.
We will have an 18 month old boy with us who probably won't want to sit for the whole performance but I'll take him out if needed and let the wife watch the whole thing.

She's more high brow than we so will appreciate Shakespeare more than I ever will.....

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I just want to visit, Shakespeare is wasted on me. 1970s CSE grade 3 English just didn't include anything like that!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The theatre does have a large car park and you can get to it with a motorhome. We drove up to it a couple of years ago in our previous 7.2m C class and stopped in the car park to visit. We did not over night there though, although it looked as if you could in the Marconi museum.

The road is a bit narrow but dustbin lorries and large coaches go all the way up to the theatre. We met the bin lorry (fortunately at a wider bit) and almost met a large German coach.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back