northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
hi all
in france at mo in heat wave with the fridge not working on either mains or gas
Loads of heat being expelled out of vent but no cooling inside Have bought a cooler box to see us through until our return next week when i expect ill have to look around for another one unless anyone knows of a cure
cheers

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a thought if there is a lot of heat coming out of the top vent, something is working. Does it cut out when it's cooler i.e. at night? In the current heatwave fridges do struggle. Try not to open the door too often e.g. "to check", and also the door seal is good.

If it is the fridge I've read on here that taking it out and turning it upside down sometimes revives it. Don't know if that's possible where you currently are.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I don't know if this will work for your fridge but I messed around with the electric temperature setting knob and turned it back to 0 and there was a click sound . I lost all temperature on gas and electric. When I got home the first thing the domestic engineer did was to turn the knob back to 0 and made it click again and its worked perfectly since. I can't remember what his explanation was as it was 4 or 5 years but I think I turned something off with the 1st click and it only worked after the 2nd click.
I don't mess with things if they are working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
escapee

escapee

Free Member
Aug 18, 2013
northants
Funster No
MH
ewift escape 686
Exp
since 2009
sorry for late reply am back home now and have removed the fridge and turned upside down to burp it which didnt seem to work the first time so have done so a second time and will be testing it out tomorrow when we go away for a few days will also try turning the knob off and back on again as suggested
thanks for your replies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back