The Grand Tour Of Switzerland (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I was in Langnau this morning at a customer, about 15mins from where you were. Might be worth heading over to the lake at Murten, very nice and quite and you can cycle around it (no cars) and about 30mins from where you are.

To enjoy that double cream you need raspberries and meringue for a true "crème meringue double" but as you're still on the other side of the Rostigraben you may struggle:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I was in Langnau this morning at a customer, about 15mins from where you were. Might be worth heading over to the lake at Murten, very nice and quite and you can cycle around it (no cars) and about 30mins from where you are.

To enjoy that double cream you need raspberries and meringue for a true "crème meringue double" but as you're still on the other side of the Rostigraben you may struggle:ROFLMAO:

Merengues were purchased a few days ago specifically for fruity, creamy deserts.

Being situated on a fruit farm we may be spoiled for choice. Having just paid off my £40 parking fine, I feel like living dangerously again.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Merengues were purchased a few days ago specifically for fruity, creamy deserts.

Being situated on a fruit farm we may be spoiled for choice. Having just paid off my £40 parking fine, I feel like living dangerously again.

go on spend it, you cant take it with you, it wont all fit in the box

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
go on spend it, you cant take it with you, it wont all fit in the box

I can assure you it will fit in my coffin
I designed it specially

IMG_8071.JPG

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It may just be the background, or simply the thread title, but does anybody else see a similarity to Julie Andrews in Lis, or was that intentional and I am just slow in the uptake o_O(y):)

upload_2017-6-22_18-58-0.png

need some GTB to keep the grey things flowing :)(y)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
It may just be the background, or simply the thread title, but does anybody else see a similarity to Julie Andrews in Lis, or was that intentional and I am just slow in the uptake o_O(y):)

View attachment 170232

need some GTB to keep the grey things flowing :)(y)

Possibly but there seems to be about a dozen kids missing.:D

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
If you get to luzern then I highly recommend a trip up mount Pilatus. They do a boat out to the bottom of the cog railway that takes you to the top of the mountain. Then on the way back you take the cable cars and finish off on a bus back to luzern. Brilliant day out and think it was about 50 odd francs last time I did it.

In luzern there's a campsite by the lido and transport museum just across from the lake . Easy walk into town and a nice tourist area to visit

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you get to luzern then I highly recommend a trip up mount Pilatus. They do a boat out to the bottom of the cog railway that takes you to the top of the mountain. Then on the way back you take the cable cars and finish off on a bus back to luzern. Brilliant day out and think it was about 50 odd francs last time I did it.

In luzern there's a campsite by the lido and transport museum just across from the lake . Easy walk into town and a nice tourist area to visit
Thank you !
Have added that to our list of places to visit

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I've not read all the reviews thread, so apologies if already mentioned.
We were going to go to Lauterbrunnen and take the cable car up to the Schilthorn, famous James Bond movie. You can have buffet brunch there. The valley is super for cycling and also the train for Matterhorn station there.
Had our fill of mountains for a while so will leave for another trip. We have been there before but it snowed and low cloud meant no point going up anywhere.
Currently by Lake Lucerne looking for a parking spot but we have neither coins for a meter nor a cardboard dashboard thing for the 2 hour parking.
Bought the vignette on our way in, then it promptly slid down the front of the dashboard between the window and dashboard like a rat down a drainpipe!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Having given up on stopping by the lake, we got back on autoroute direction Basel, and decided to stop at a service area. Guess what, all parking marked out by blue lines! Good job we had just read Robert's parking fine post. So not having a blue card, we had to drive on.
Just found a motorway parking aire that is marked out with white lines but there is no shade so uncomfortably hot and noisy with lorry engines running.
Have seen lots of Kites overhead.
I'll post on top tips section about the vignette, it completely disappeared from sight, I hadn't had time to take off the backing and stick it on. Retrieved with the aid of a piece of cereal box cardboard covered one side in sticky duct tape folded over so some sticky on outside, then a lot of fishing around down the slit to try and get a corner of vignette to appear. 2 kitchen knives also required!
We need a rest as we had a broken nights sleep due to many occupants of our campsite getting up at 3 am to drive into Chamonix for the 4 am start of the ultra marathon. A lot of crunching footsteps and not deliberate noise but on pitches adjacent to us. 2 Russian minibuses too who also returned after dropping off.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Today we left the peace of and tranquility of Blueberry Hill Farm and moved to the city of Lucerne.

Were staying nearby in Weggis at (CC 808) which is another farm.

IMG_8082.JPG

Our pitch is on a grassy knoll with views of the mountains and countryside.

IMG_8083.JPG

This afternoon we cycled to the harbour in Weggis and caught a paddle boat into Lucerne.

IMG_8094.JPG

The boat trip allowed us to enjoy the scenery from a totally different perspective.

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8087.JPG

We particularly wanted to see the famous wooden bridge and it certainly didn't disappoint.

IMG_8088.JPG

IMG_8090.JPG

IMG_8092.JPG

The city itself was hot and crowded and wasn't as interesting as we imagined, so after a walk round and an ice cream we headed back.

IMG_8091.JPG

Tonight we're cooking al-fresco and enjoying a bottle of Blackberry Wine that we purchased from Blueberry Hill before leaving this morning.

Tomorrow we head up Mount Rigi to try and get a little closer to nature again.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
A

ny fondues on the horizon yet?!

Not unless Mrs C develops a love for smelly cheese.

I love fondue but it does get a bit stinky near the end of the meal as the remaining cheese sauce gets really hot.

We had it a few times when we came to Switzerland on the train a few years back, but she's said NO this time.

Sadly they only seen to do a 2 person portion.

Maybe I could eat half and bring the rest back to the van for next day?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
So you like grassy knolls eh? I bet the FBI will be interested to know if you were anywhere near Dallas on 22 November 1963.

I was still in my pram officer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back