ATMB Toll Tag positioning (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I now have one of these tags. The instructions say to fix it at the top of the windscreen behind the mirror. However this seems not applicable to a motorhome because of the overhang above which will prevent the sensor reading it. It says to place at the bottom of the windscreen in this case. I'm just curious as to how you others gave managed this.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I now have one of these tags. The instructions say to fix it at the top of the windscreen behind the mirror. However this seems not applicable to a motorhome because of the overhang above which will prevent the sensor reading it. It says to place at the bottom of the windscreen in this case. I'm just curious as to how you others gave managed this.
Do as it recommends. You will have no problem by sitting it lower down .it needs to see the receiver so the over hang is in the way by fitting it at top of screen

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Our tag sits in one of the little trays facing the window in the middle of the dashboard - works perfectly there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Pia
Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Ours is at the bottom, out of the wiper swept area so the mounting won't cause mot issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I`ve not got an overhang so it`s behind the mirror
Won`t stop me sweating a bit though first time through the toll with a queue of traffic behind !
Leave for Loire on 24th June

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Won`t stop me sweating a bit though first time through the toll with a queue of traffic behind !
I'll be sweating 2 days before you!

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We don't have an overhang either (just little bit protruding above the cab - but it doesn't obstruct line of sight for the tag), even so I found when we first tried the tag that it didn't work very well up at the top - it seemed to take a lot longer to be registered by the equipment and activate the barrier. Possibly the issue was that the sensors are aimed at either "lorry height" or "car height" and the top of the MH windscreen is in between the two. It works much better at the bottom of the windscreen - maybe because it mimics the "car height" placement?

Upvote 0

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Please post how you get on !
Used mine for the first time over the Easter weekend.

Slightly worried as I approached the first toll but absolutely no problem. Makes life a lot easier with a right hand drive vehicle. Also had my first invoice which was automatically taken from my Debit Card.

Allan

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I am looking forward to driving towards the barrier at speed (y)
telepass-race_zpscqfmsn1x.jpg

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp

don't worry....drive slowly right up to the barrier and it works beautifully..... if somewhat slowly in France....we have both French and Spanish versions...the Spanish one works instantly....whilst our French one takes a second or two to work...but neither have ever let us down in the 4 or 5 years we've used them.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I can indeed confirm they operate as intended, so much easier than fumbling with change.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Panicked a bit earlier today. Arrived at toll gate and barrier did not raise. Big truck behind so options limited! After about 40 seconds ( seemed longer at the time) it raised. Credit to the truck driver as I thought he would start venting his annoyance.

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Panicked a bit earlier today. Arrived at toll gate and barrier did not raise. Big truck behind so options limited! After about 40 seconds ( seemed longer at the time) it raised. Credit to the truck driver as I thought he would start venting his annoyance.

We have found this in France some of the toll barriers are REALLY slow to rise.....but ....in about 5 years we have never had a situation where the barrier has failed to rise...so don't worry...all will be well....the truck driver was patient as I suspect he has similar experiences:D Happy travels.:whistle:

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Mine is working fine..yes some are a little slow...sorry for posting the picture of the wedged cars ..as we saw on Saturday a car and a caravan both took the same lane ..not too much damage :eek:

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
We have had one occasion when it didn't work,yesterday!! Waited ages as some do seem to take a while to move but this one hadn't after a few mins and a long queue behind us.In the end got assistance from a Toll employee who finally raised the barrier for us,he couldn't understand why it hadn't worked.

Upvote 0

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I have used Ind for some years in the car, when UK drivers could first have them, you could see some French drivers think, he will never get through the high speed one, how happy were we passing all the French cars queuing on our way down to the Alps for skiing :). I haven't checked to see if we need to re-register or just good to go. Certainly didn't need to change it for the m/c just use the appropriate lane to avoid paying the car rate.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back