Rally Chat BunkFest Festival Wallingford Oxon 1-3 September 2017 Funster Meet (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Booking still possible :) Will deal with any queries on our return from Newark Retro & short stay at Stratford.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
QUOTE="scottie, post: 2399731, member: 24928"]All done and paid for[/QUOTE]
You are on the list too (y)

Booked in Wallingford Sports Park in Site B:
1. Wombles - Karen & Alan
2. Mitzimad - Steve (2 people)
3. Petensal - Pete & Sally
4. Mexican Pete - Peter & Linda
5. Scottie
6. Brisey - Brisey & Pamela
7. Jo-ca - John & Carol
8. Mikethebike - Mike & Sue
9. Steve
10. Silkcut1105 - Stuart & Kathy

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We do now have an alternative for anyone with dogs who wants to camp. Philip Chamberlain of Crowmarsh Battle Farms has offered us some space in the field adjoining his house for up to 10 vans. The field will be available on Fri, Sat & Sun night.

The field is about a half hour walk along the banks of the Thames to reach the festival site. I also believe there may be a bus service that covers most of the journey. The field is on the bank of the Thames, so you can sit in your deckchairs on the riverbank. I will get the exact coordinates, but it is at the southern end of Preston Crowmarsh, which is just north of Wallingford on the eastern bank.

Parking will be on grass. There is access to a water tap, but only with a container - you will not be able to drive to it - it's in Philip's garden. There is a foul water manhole cover that can be lifted for anyone who really needs to empty a cassette toilet, but the recommendation is to arrive with an empty loo & if possible, empty when you get home (or on the next proper campsite). There will be no facility for the disposal of rubbish.

The cost will be a donation of £7.50 per unit per night. This is all going to local charities, of which the principal beneficiary will be the Oxfordshire Air Ambulance.

Please treat this as wild camping & act with the appropriate respect. Arrive full & empty & expect to leave empty & full. Other events are held on the field, so you will need to clean up after your dog.

Reply on here if you want a place.

@Jim This will be classed as a MHF rally for exemption & insurance purposes. I trust that is ok.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@TheCaller Thank you that's a great result (y) Suggest that you start a new rally thread for this dog friendly option?
If you can put a link for this option on that thread & put your link for the new thread on this one (think that makes sense?!) then hopefully Funsters will find both & book best choice for them plus be able to access all the BunkFest info. May also be good to add it to the Rally Calendar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We do now have an alternative for anyone with dogs who wants to camp. Philip Chamberlain of Crowmarsh Battle Farms has offered us some space in the field adjoining his house for up to 10 vans. The field will be available on Fri, Sat & Sun night.

The field is about a half hour walk along the banks of the Thames to reach the festival site. I also believe there may be a bus service that covers most of the journey. The field is on the bank of the Thames, so you can sit in your deckchairs on the riverbank. I will get the exact coordinates, but it is at the southern end of Preston Crowmarsh, which is just north of Wallingford on the eastern bank.

Parking will be on grass. There is access to a water tap, but only with a container - you will not be able to drive to it - it's in Philip's garden. There is a foul water manhole cover that can be lifted for anyone who really needs to empty a cassette toilet, but the recommendation is to arrive with an empty loo & if possible, empty when you get home (or on the next proper campsite). There will be no facility for the disposal of rubbish.

The cost will be a donation of £7.50 per unit per night. This is all going to local charities, of which the principal beneficiary will be the Oxfordshire Air Ambulance.

Please treat this as wild camping & act with the appropriate respect. Arrive full & empty & expect to leave empty & full. Other events are held on the field, so you will need to clean up after your dog.

Reply on here if you want a place.

@Jim This will be classed as a MHF rally for exemption & insurance purposes. I trust that is ok.
To all those who expressed an interest or commented before @haganap @gloworm @meggie @Jimbohorlicks

Don't forget there is a free Park & Ride http://www.bunkfest.co.uk/getting-here-sp-601.htm so possible to drive from Crowmarsh Battle Farm temporary camping to there instead of walk (y)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks for the update and the inclusion of the site for dogs etc. Unfortunately we plan to venture into France at the end of August so September dates are out for us. But thanks for the heads up.(y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still spaces for our last festival meet of this year - anyone want to join us?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Please Note:
Us Wombles are off to work as volunteers at Upton Blues :dance2:shortly so will have limited access at best to WiFi but will catch up on any messages on our return early next week.

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Wombles
Just booked for the weekend at Wallingford, looks like field B is filling up now.
This will be our first Fun get together...........

Eric & Dee

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Booked in Wallingford Sports Park in Site B:
5. Scottie
7. Jo-ca - John & Carol
9. Steve
11. Grumfy - Eric & Dee

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles
Just booked for the weekend at Wallingford, looks like field B is filling up now.
This will be our first Fun get together...........

Eric & Dee
Yay - thank you for choosing BunkFest as your first meet! (y) Can see that Site B is now full - did you get in or are you on Site C?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Yay - thank you for choosing BunkFest as your first meet! (y) Can see that Site B is now full - did you get in or are you on Site C?
Correction - just tried it & whole weekend bookings in Site B still available just not allowing Saturday night only bookings so all good. (y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am seriously considering this - 2 bands known to me and I'm only 11 miles away!!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am seriously considering this - 2 bands known to me and I'm only 11 miles away!!
Go on - you know you want to! :giggle: There will be music in the Sports Club bar too (y) Would be good to fill as much as possible of Site B with Funsters.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Booked in Wallingford Sports Park in Site B :):
5. Scottie - John
7. Jo-ca - John & Carol
9. Steve
11. Grumfy - Eric & Dee
12. Viennese - Catherine

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Unfortunately we are now unable to attend this event.
We have 2 Camping all weekend tickets on site B with the Funsters.
The tickets were priced at £37.76 each, we are offering them for sale at £40 for the pair.
Please be aware that no dogs/pets are allowed in the site B area.
Please contact me by P.M. if you would like to purchase these tickets.

Brisey.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Unfortunately we are now unable to attend this event.
We have 2 Camping all weekend tickets on site B with the Funsters.
The tickets were priced at £37.76 each, we are offering them for sale at £40 for the pair.
Please be aware that no dogs/pets are allowed in the site B area.
Please contact me by P.M. if you would like to purchase these tickets.

Brisey.
It's a shame that Brisey & Pamelaaar won't be joining us :( but great offer for anyone that wants to come to BunkFest (y)

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
we will be joining you in place of Brisey arrive Friday.
Wombles do I need to change anything regards ticket booking with event ? please

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
we will be joining you in place of Brisey arrive Friday.
Wombles do I need to change anything regards ticket booking with event ? please
Good to hear that you will be joining us & will add you to the list of those attending now (y) Booking was direct with the organisers so should just need a copy of the Eventbrite booking confirmation which you may already have from Brisey?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back