LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Another vote for Shell Island ... whether you want long stretch of sandy beach or rock trawling for shellfish ... if the weather good it can't be beaten.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
http://www.freshwaterbeach.co.uk/ in Dorset is worth a visit. It's best feature is the costal path walk to West Bay.
Alternatively http://www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/dorset-holidays/west-bay/west-bay-holiday-park.htm is just a few hundred meters from the beach, with great walks and some of the best chip shops around (y)
Apparently Broadchurch was filmed here, for those who might find that interesting....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
UseNew England Bay, Sunnyside and Findochty but overlooking St Ninians Isle on Shetland beats them all,
View attachment 36933
Just flicking through some old threads and this sounds top drawer, carrying out other research on the place and it seems to get in touch with landowner/farmer to arrange overnight stay. Was this the case for you ?
Thanks in advance

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
La Pineta di Sibari, Italy. Large ACSI site which is mainly woodland with pitches on the beach. Not much to do outside the campsite but I like the solitude.
20140526_124023.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Sorry Jim but haven't been on line for a few days here in France. St. Ninians is just a rough car park, no facilities at all, just the peace and the view, no-one to contact.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If we're talking about abroad, I'd recommend the following aires for easy beach (or coast path) access:

Anglet
Ave de Milady (Biarritz)
Capbreton
Le Bois Plage en Re
Rivedoux-Plage (Ile de Re)
Tregastel (Brittany)
Porz Guen/Port Blanc (Quiberon)
Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer (Camargue)
A couple of the aires at Le Croisic (Loire-Atlantique) are near beaches.

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
There are 2 sites close to Shell Island at Llandanyg. Glan y Gors and Ymylch farm. Both within easy walking distance to the beach and railway station.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
In May we stayed at Camping La Garrofa - 2.5 miles west of Almeria city, southern Spain. Pitched directly adjacent to the shore for €16 (call that £12.95 in Sterling) inc hook-up, on this lovely little ACSI site. Could hear the water lapping on the beach as we drifted off to sleep, and the view of the moonlight shinning on the sea from our bed was a sight to behold. Bus stop at the entrance to go into town.

http://www.lagarrofa.com/quienes-somos

Mike
Hi Mike did you have to book cheers Rod

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike did you have to book cheers Rod
We stayed around the 10 May and didn't book, just turned up. We were, however, lucky to drop on a front-line pitch directly adjacent to the beach.

It was a Sunday afternoon, so there were a few weekenders just packing up and leaving when we arrived. I think we'd probably have been OK in any case, and none of the pitches are far from the sea. But the site is quite compact.

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
IMG_2132.JPG
We stayed at the lovely Camping Domaine, La Faviére, La Lavandou. The site skirts a safe, sandy beach. It's clean, well run. It's difficult to get an emplacement directly by the beach, but those further back are very roomy. There's a small supermarket, shop, sauna. It is however expensive! We wanted a relaxing few weeks, so it was worth it this year.

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Caerfai Bay campsite near St Davids overlooks the sea, with a short walk down to a small beach. It's also walking distance to St Davids. It also adjoins the coastal path. The site is well run, very popular and full in high season.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 16

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Fraserthorpe near Bridlington, having a super time

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
We stayed at the lovely Camping Domaine, La Faviére, La Lavandou.
That brings back a few memories! We stayed there several times, certainly 1967, 68 & 70. I remember the sound of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' drifting across from the night club half way between the site and Le Lavandou. I remember my dad saying the lights on the hillside at Bormes reminded him of one of the ICI works near home in Cheshire! Great beach for kids and I did wonder about mentioning it earlier but my last (brief) visit was about 10 years ago when we were wondering about holding a rally there. It got the thumbs down from a grump who wanted a swimming pool.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
camping Rio Jara Tarifa

just rereading this lot and thinking arent we a lucky lot with our beach side and solitude trips!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back