Brand new 79-6'Issues' (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Had our 79-6 since April but thought I'd share the niggles.
Whistling front skylight(wrong seal)
Flashing mile counter in dash display
All 10 touch lights come on when master switched on
Microwave overheating and then cutting out
Water tank floods and overflows when filling from aqua roll. Water then pours out of any available hole in cladding round tank
Re calibration needed (again) of water tank which tells me it's very low when almost full and pump doesn't work then.
When 'off grid' TV cuts out when bathroom light is switched on.
Don't know if it's just me getting these problems

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Who manufactures a 79-6

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Purple2
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Bailey... That's why it's on the Bailey part of the forum

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Pretty good score that, just need the front corners filling with water for a full house.

But at least you are not far from them, go give them hell.

Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
We also have the whistling front skylight....very annoying, starts at 50 mph and sounds like a tornado
Same problem with the lights
Both clean and dirty water tank gauges are faulty
Dinette seats keep falling forward
Pioneer sat nav is slow and keeps sending me the wrong way,.......I blame it and the wife is coming around to my point of view. Also fiddly to use.
Done 2000 miles now and when skylight fixed will be very happy with her

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The flashing mile counter is a ECU fault. Something is missing or incorrectly set up. You need a FIAT Professional Dealer to sort it. I took the UConnect5 SatNav out and finished up with the milage flashing. When the ECU starts up it checks that everything that should be there is there. It also runs other checks and if there is an error thats how it communicates.

OP
OP
Purple2
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
My dealer has now put isolator switches on each bank of touch lights.
He has also wired TV signal booster direct to battery which hopefully will sort bathroom light stuff.
Front skylight is another issue however as correct seal is in place and they are scratching their heads at the moment.
Peugeot are going to look at cab stuff.

@Steve and Soz I would be intrigued to know how the dinette seat issue was sorted. I am shortly to drive my m/h with those in for the first time as we've had it made up as a bed till now.

Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Hi Targetpaster, Not sorted them yet as still travelling, currently in Spain, back beginning of of August. I think that it will need a wider longer velcro. It does not actually fall of but comes out a couple of inches,when sat on feels loose and like its going to fall of.
Please keep me updated re front skylight as mine is sending me around the twist. At 60mph have to have music on full blast to deaden it......mind saves listening to the missus!!!!

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Oh, and no Fiamma awning centre strut

Should have been in a carboard box with the winding handle for the Fiamma. Got one with 75-2. Replacement seal available as mod from Bailey. All our touch lights come on too - a feature?

OP
OP
Purple2
Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Got my awning rafter now.
My dealer has now put isolator switches on touch lights at front.
The six at the back... There is a light switch on the tele side which does the hidden lights over the cabinets. He's turned that into a double switch and I can isolate touch lights at back.
He's wired the TV signal booster direct to leisure battery which now stops bathroom light interfering with signal.
Overcab window has correct seal so whole unit is being replaced as whistling still occurring.
Got a new microwave and water tank stuff sorted.
Not ideal but rafter pole exact fit between dinette seats to prevent movement when travelling!

Jan 23, 2017
St Albans,
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Yes, but for some reason they are never with the MoHo. Your dealer should be able to get one for you from Baileys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back