LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Spotted at Brownhills Saturday night. Live your slogan!

Attachments

• IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 146

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in truth i think many havnt actually gone on an adventure . they plan so much . then when it doesnt quite happen complain .
just get out there do it .
i always think now its a shame my parents arent still around . they took me and my brother on adventures in the early 60,s .
i know they are watching us have fun . i,m sure my dad has finally got a horse drawn cart with a white and black pony .and riding around up there looking down at us .
he never wanted a black n white one . every one had them.
here with a coach conversion he had at one time . i,m on the step with my mum . my brother is with my grandma .
i cant remember what make the bus was but i do have happy memories . must have been 1961 or 1962 .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• img118.jpg
    img118.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 98
  • img119.jpg
    img119.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 89
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think quite a few have that message on their MH's, it does make a nice rhyme, but I would guess mostly those that use it haven't experience dementia, but laughing through it may also be the best solution for many :)(y)

I will be really pissed off if we don't get our chance to do more due to Mums dementia o_Oo_O, bad enough your own :(

Reactions: DBK

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't want to end up like my parents - had the money but not the courage to go on adventures. Mum is full of regrets, Dad gets more timid the older her gets. If I take them anywhere I have to leave him in a cafe as he is frightened he will get lost. He does NOT have dementia.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we never quite knew where we were going .
as a child i remember my dad saying look at a map of spain .
there was only 5 main roads ,north to south.
lets see if we can find 50.
now over 50 yrs later i still havnt done 50 routes . done some several times . there are 50 for certain but will i live long enough to do them?
i did one this spring that i did about 30 yrs ago. met a chap that remembered my vw and remembered my 2 lads . his dad as already passed away. he was abot 10-12 yrs old when we passed through his village brandomil in galecia . as a kid he showed us a carpark to stop . its now a picnic area but great place.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
in truth i think many havnt actually gone on an adventure . they plan so much . then when it doesnt quite happen complain .
just get out there do it .
i always think now its a shame my parents arent still around . they took me and my brother on adventures in the early 60,s .
i know they are watching us have fun . i,m sure my dad has finally got a horse drawn cart with a white and black pony .and riding around up there looking down at us .
he never wanted a black n white one . every one had them.
here with a coach conversion he had at one time . i,m on the step with my mum . my brother is with my grandma .
i cant remember what make the bus was but i do have happy memories . must have been 1961 or 1962 .
Lovely photos and what a wonderful van. Many happy memories I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

Sep 2, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786f
Exp
We visited a customer yesterday & they had this sticker on their motorhome. We had a good talk about our long search for the right m/home.
My wife & I cared for her father, who had Alzheimer's, for 3 years after her mother died. Looking back at that stressful time, how her mother spent her entire life caring for both sets of parents, how my dad had to stay at home because my mum wasn't well enough to go far, all add up to us wanting to get a motorhome before we can no longer get out. You do have to have a sence of humor through that illness & we longed to get away but couldn't.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I will be really pissed off if we don't get our chance to do more due to Mums dementia o_Oo_O, bad enough your own :(
Sometimes you have to be 'selfish' and do what YOU want, so long as your Mum has someone to look after her when you're not there that's all she can expect, it may seem 'mean' but it's not ... you are doing a hell of a lot more than most would do so please do NOT feel guilty about enjoying your own life. Your mum has had the opportunity to do what she wanted over the years and made her own choices, you HAVE to put you and your wife first, it is difficult I know but you only have one life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back