Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

Can Anyone help me please?

I have a PayPal account in the UK and my account currently has GBP and a Euro Balance.

I wanted to pay the Euro Balance of €400 into my Spanish Bank Account but PayPal will not allow me to do this. They will only let me pay it into one of my UK accounts at a crap exchange rate, making them even more money.

Now then!

I have a Spanish Landline and Mobile.

If I send myself the money via the mobile tel number option. Will I be able to then collect it and pay into my Spanish Santander account?.

I have tried speaking to PayPal with this and I feel like I am asking for round triangles. They just talk MuggaHumftaMuff.

Has anyone tried this?

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
No!
But I'm very curious about MuggaHumftaMuff, sounds interesting:p
It comes from a Jasper Carrot Sketch.

When you cannot finish the crossword, you just pretend you have by filling it in with anyoldkrap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just thinking out loud ...

Can you not send it as a 'friends and family' transfer to someone in Euroland who can then send it to your Euro bank account?

Alternatively, if you have a Revolut account can you instead use the Paypal euros to top that up and then transfer it back to GBP yourself and then back to your UK account?

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I think there's a Nigerian person who will put $40,000,000 into the account if you want

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Is your PayPal account linked to your Spanish bank account ? if it is then this might work might not.
Login into your PayPal account which should take you to your "Summary" page.
On the left hand side towards the top of the page you should have a box titled "PayPal balance"
Click on the word "Details", on my PC this bring up a page looking like this.

paypal1.jpg

Click on the"Manage currencies" to bring up this screen.

paypal2.jpg

If you do not see Euro's on the currencies on the left hand side (which I suspect you will, if you have is it selected as you primary currency ?) then click on "Select new currency" and select "Euro" then click "Add currency" now select Euro as the primary currency and then click on "Summary" at the top of the page.
Now have another bash at getting the payment into your Spanish account.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just thinking out loud ...

Can you not send it as a 'friends and family' transfer to someone in Euroland who can then send it to your Euro bank account?

Alternatively, if you have a Revolut account can you instead use the Paypal euros to top that up and then transfer it back to GBP yourself and then back to your UK account?

Can't use paypal for revolut!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'll have to investigate mine now you have brought this up as I'm sure mine is a UK account but address is here but all payments in are in euros.Never thought I'd have trouble paying it in any bank in euros.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ha! @TeeMyob ... and idea that I think will work ... send it in Euros from your Paypal account to @gus-lopez and then he can send it to your Revolut account in Euros and you can then pay it into your bank account ... that's if you trust him!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Ha! @TeeMyob ... and idea that I think will work ... send it in Euros from your Paypal account to @gus-lopez and then he can send it to your Revolut account in Euros and you can then pay it into your bank account ... that's if you trust him!
Good God don't suggest things like that. I have no plans to even find out how to access the money in our account as I know it will all end in a shambles & it doesn't help that I actually hate paypal so the thought of even having to deal with them actually stops me from even thinking about doing anything with it.
It'll give me nightmares now just thinking how much time will be wasted trying to do something simple.:(

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We had this issue with PayPal but it was for an American bank account. We phoned up PayPal and they told us the only way to add another bank account was for them to do it. Within mins we had the two accounts on our PayPal

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
We had this issue with PayPal but it was for an American bank account. We phoned up PayPal and they told us the only way to add another bank account was for them to do it. Within mins we had the two accounts on our PayPal
I only opened mine a couple of months back & can't even recall putting a bank account on ?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I only opened mine a couple of months back & can't even recall putting a bank account on ?

Not sure what it takes to set up. I think you have a personal PayPal account to pay for things with your credit card or use a balance to pay for things. But if you want to withdraw money you need an bank account on it. They are really friendly and helpful to talk to. Or this link might help.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/...e-a-bank-account-on-my-PayPal-account-FAQ1218

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back