Hungary HU GO toll system (2 Viewers)

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
I've been trying to work out how to use this system. it would appear that I have to buy a ticket for each day. I've registered so that I can pre-purchase tickets but you have to log your days journey in advance in order to pay the toll. Has anyone any experience of this system?
Thanks in advance.
Richard

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
we are in Budapest at the moment. We came from Slovakia, stopped at the customs, in the office with all the truckers they took all our details from our reg documents and passport, and gave us a receipt, it works for 10 days on vehicle regocnition.
We are 5t, and the cost was 5950 HUF, £16.48 !!!!

It was a similar system in Slovakia, but the Czech Republic was a 'pay box' which you prepay, and also pay a deposit, and hand back at the last service station leaving the country. It's all a little time consuming, but straight forward and quite fun and satisfying.
I was stopped by the Czech police, just to check we had the box.

Enjoy,

OP
OP
Richard Birkett
Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Hotelman but I'm not entirely sure what you get from customs office. Is it like a go box? And does the payment cover the distance you travel or just the cost of the box? In which case, how do you pay the tolls due?
On a different matter, where are you staying in Budapest?
Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Thanks Hotelman but I'm not entirely sure what you get from customs office. Is it like a go box? And does the payment cover the distance you travel or just the cost of the box? In which case, how do you pay the tolls due?
On a different matter, where are you staying in Budapest?
Richard
There is no box for Hungary, all you get is a printed receipt, that is your vignette. Austria is the go box and a fortune for 5t tag axle..cost me over 240 euros to cross to Hungary and back to Germany. And a 240 euro fine for not buying the go box before entering Austria.. even though i did try at several stations to be told next one...one country to avoid for me in the future.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
om Budapest we stayed at camping arena, camper contact 19056. A great site, and information sheet given on arrival was BRILLIANT. A great city.

Travelling south this morning we were not sure if to Greece or Romania and Bulgaria, decided on the latter.

Approaching customs ignore the queue of trucks, and have your passports ready. Then a few hundred metres later follow the vignettes sign.
6€ for 7 days, a bargain.
We are now parked up at mini camping route roemenie, c. Contact 6980.
In a peaceful rural area with good cc reviews.

Staying a few days

Attachments

• IMG_5660.JPG
    IMG_5660.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5661.JPG
    IMG_5661.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 28
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
The above photos were for entry into Hungary. No sticker but based on number recognition.
The same in Romania, no sticker just paper and number recognition,
We have paid for 7 days, if we stay longer not sure about the 'vignette ' but will sort it out and let you know.

Regards,

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
It seems to be getting too complicated and expensive to pass through some countries ,think I will avoid some of them when I am over next month!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back