Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When I send the newsletter out its going to well over 20,000 people. I always pay particular attention to the number of people who unsubscribe and what reason they give if any. Most don't offer any comment, some might make a snide remark about spam, but there are always those who want to tell you the reason they are unsubscribing. These are 4 unsubscribe messages I have received this evening from the newsletter sent out an hour ago, there is nearly always one like this, but 4!:Sad:

• 'Sorry sold van as I have diabetes and can no longer drive'
  • 'Lost job and van has gone'
  • 'My husband died and I don't want to travel on my own'
  • 'My wife died two weeks ago and I'm selling the motorhome'
Don't waste it, we'll all be unsubscribing from the fun before we know it:thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Although I've given Jim's post a 'like', it's not because I'm happy to hear the unfortunate circumstances people find themselves in, but because the post makes a hugely valid and important point.

Thanks for sharing the information with us Jim.

Mike

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
How very true Jim. As long as there's only a fiver left and not a tenner I will go happy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sad, yet those are the kind of people who would find support on fun, while we can we are trying to enjoy our van, as I say there has to be some upside to getting older.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
'My husband died and I don't want to travel on my own'
'My wife died two weeks ago and I'm selling the motorhome'

Don't waste it, we'll all be unsubscribing from the fun before we know it:thumb:

Maybe the 'solos' on here could write more about their experiences of going solo in a MH :thumb:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My mum always wanted a MH but her 2nd husband died before they could achieve their dream...10 yrs later and shes now living their dream:Smile:
It must be hard for some people to continue without their loved ones. Make the most of it while you can and have your health!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Jim

Never got the newsletter, always got it in the past and PM messages (via email) end up in junk although marked as safe?

Any ideas

Peter

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

Never got the newsletter, always got it in the past and PM messages (via email) end up in junk although marked as safe?

Any ideas

Peter

Hi Peter, make sure you are on the system by re-adding yourself here Link Removed :thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yup - 44,000 miles 485 nights since August 2008 - All solo.

Just a thought thou, does being at a meet with funsters count as being solo.:Confused:

I suppose it depends on who comes out of your van next morning and if they have a smile. :Blush: :imoutahere:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Make the most of it

My wife and I lived every day as if it could be our last and I am so glad we did not "wait until retirement" as she was killed in a road accident on the way back from a campsite. Within three months I was back on the road again making the most of the friendly people found on most campsites. Since her death in 2008 I have toured for three months in the UK, eight months in a fifth wheeler around the western states of the USA, been to Spain and Morocco for six weeks and I am now loading up the MH to get the wheels rolling around the UK for four weeks. Being in a MH keeps me sane and the thought of getting on the road again when I am at home keeps me going. I love the bandinage of the forum and I look forward to meeting up with the real people behind the avatars, but this year my pre booked holidays have clashed with every meet so far - one day! Keep the faith - AND MAKE THE MOST OF IT WHILST YOU CAN DO IT!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My wife and I lived every day as if it could be our last and I am so glad we did not "wait until retirement" as she was killed in a road accident on the way back from a campsite. Within three months I was back on the road again making the most of the friendly people found on most campsites. Since her death in 2008 I have toured for three months in the UK, eight months in a fifth wheeler around the western states of the USA, been to Spain and Morocco for six weeks and I am now loading up the MH to get the wheels rolling around the UK for four weeks. Being in a MH keeps me sane and the thought of getting on the road again when I am at home keeps me going. I love the bandinage of the forum and I look forward to meeting up with the real people behind the avatars, but this year my pre booked holidays have clashed with every meet so far - one day! Keep the faith - AND MAKE THE MOST OF IT WHILST YOU CAN DO IT!

Sad to hear of your circumstances of travelling solo. Your words are an inspiration to others.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Wise words indeed DiggerJon. I had very serious health issues myself last year and Liz very nearly lost me, so it's a philosophy I wholeheartedly share. :thumb:

ps - I like your avatar!!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I got the good fri deal paid up for 3 years.but I am sorry to hear some of us are having bad times.i just hope they come through ok.

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I get it. My brother died a young sixty one year old. I'm just six years away from that mill stone (sic)

I worry that I'm putting too much time and money into a future I might not have.

But what if we (her and I) or at least one of us are lucky enough to be fit and well for years to come.

It's a decision that's for sure

Condolences to all who have lost a loved one, recently or a long time ago. It still makes me cry when I remember the good, and bad, times I shared with my bro. :cry:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Exactly why I am retiring early at the end of June and Nick next April. My parents died young unfortunately but if I was dithering about doing something my mum would always say "go on, you're a long time dead" and she was absolutely right. We are fortunate enough to have had good jobs with good pensions, money does not buy happiness but when you have 3children it certainly gives you choices. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back