Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
It was all going so well but I've had my first mishap: the blind in the bathroom will no longer roll down. It's like a spring has gone in the roller. It gets so far, although it's very stiff, and then just starts to crease the blind.

Presumably I would have to fish out all the stoppers and unscrew the fascia to get at it? Hopefully the window won't fall out if I do that? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Lee.

Attachments

• 20140501_182516.jpg
    20140501_182516.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 49

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I've one blind which does this on cold mornings. I have to lower it slowly and stop when it stops rolling up. Give it a moment to compose itself (you can hear it start to wind again) and then continue. Probably three goes and it's down. Later in the day it's fine. Also noticed that if I have anything heavy(ish) leaning on the lower plastic cover that this slows the roll up too.

You can retension the spring fairly easily. Google it or look one youtube as its a bit long winded to describe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks BwB. Do you have to remove it from the recess to retension? Would help to know what make it is I guess.

Regards,
Lee.

Upvote 0

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Sorry Lee, put the make into Google and you should find something to help depending on the exact problem. I just can't remember without going and doing it. Some blinds have a slot under a cover which you can use a screwdriver to retension the spring (be careful and don't overtighten) and others have a string arrangement connected through friction blocks and metal links (thistype will need the whole blind cover removing).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You've been great, thanks. I just went out to have a fiddle and the blummin' thing shot down like it was fixed with an exhaust spring. It can stay down for now. I couldn't see any way to retension it easily and have just found a passage in the user guide to suggest that if I get blind problems then I need to take it to an 'authorised Laika agent' as disassembly of the frame is necessary.

Thanks again,
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you can unscrew the inner frame to get to the roller and re-tension the spring. a bit fiddly but perfectly possible. just press the steel rod out of its retainer and add a few more turns then put back together to test. i would lubricate with silicon spray before assembling too

have had to fix a few and even remade the slot for the rod on one with 2 part epoxy putty. just take your time as they are quite simple but awkward to do if you have big fingers

Upvote 0

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
you can unscrew the inner frame to get to the roller and re-tension the spring. a bit fiddly but perfectly possible. just press the steel rod out of its retainer and add a few more turns then put back together to test. i would lubricate with silicon spray before assembling too

have had to fix a few and even remade the slot for the rod on one with 2 part epoxy putty. just take your time as they are quite simple but awkward to do if you have big fingers

Its also worth a check whilst its off, to see if any small object has fallen into the blind and gotten trapped as the blind is lowered causing it to then catch on the housing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back