Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
So comon then own up how many of you guys n gals own a boat ?
It doesnt matter what type this is just to get an idea of how many paddler are amongst us, you could own a Kayak either general purpose, tourer, ww, freestyle, sea or even a sit on top or it could be an open or even an inflatable.

So own up tell us what you've got & maybe we could organise a get together which could be anything from a gentle paddle round a lake or a trip down the Tryweryn or a paddle round Anglesey to watch the seals.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ill start us of then ::bigsmile:

Im a 3 star WW Paddler & Level One coach, I own 3 boats Jackson Journey Tourer/Sea crossover kayak, a Jackson Karma Creek boat & a Jackson Allstar Playboat.

I also paddle Opens but don't own one as im still trying to persuade the Mrs to get in one::bigsmile:

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Lynn and I have a 2 man sevylar inflatable kayak, love a gentle paddle down a slow moving river or lake.Also have a sit on plastic ocean kayak for the coast I like surfing the waves in and Lynn likes to paddle out into the calm water.:thumb:
Ian

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Get out find a club & give it a go::bigsmile: or if your anywhere near us on a meet & theres water nearby Jump in mine & give it a try:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have a Venture Prospector 16 Canoe ... do most of out paddling on the Rivers Deben and Stour.

Daughter is a Sea Scout and also a keen kayaker and is doing a weeks kayaking course at HMS Bristol with the Sea Scouts end of this month.. I was there last year ..

I'm also a Sea Scout leader.. have a power boat level 2 license .. The Scouts also do dinghy sailing, pulling boats, kayaking and rafting..

On the Stour last summer with the Sea Scouts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 1-DSCN1921.jpg
    1-DSCN1921.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our favorite places are in Wales Gwynant & Bala but Im always open to new venues ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our favorite places are in Wales Gwynant & Bala but Im always open to new venues ::bigsmile:

Song of the Paddle have meets at Bala camp site .. but not been to any yet ..

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Don't think mine will fit :Sad:

Lol :ROFLMAO: youll be more suited @ Burnham on Crouch where my mates Westerly Griffon is moored ::bigsmile:

I wanted one but she preferred a Motorhome so maybee a dinghy @ some point :winky:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My water ride is a surfboard, so I (literally) look down on kayakers/canoeists as the second lowest form of aquatic life. I have lost count of the number of times I've been buzzed and nearly mown down by wave-hogging seagoing goatboaters.

Look on the bright side though, at least you're not the lowest form of aquatic life - that's jet skiers.

Isn't Watersports snobbery appalling considering we're all on the same level? :winky:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am thinking of getting one agene former level fore coach inland
or for you old timers senior instructor BCU

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
Now you've done it. I have found myself looking at kayaks. Used to love playing in one when I was (a lot) younger.
I may have to get another one. :thumb:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of kayaks here. I drop hubby and daughter off at Rockley Pier, Hamworthy and then pick them up at Sandbanks several hours later. I can relax and sunbathe whilst they potter about on the water ::bigsmile:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well, I started a lot of years ago kayak paddling in the scouts.

Then went on to slalom competition in kayak before progressing to C2 and then C1 competing all over the country.

Followed this with a brief spell in sea kayaks doing the Devises to Westminster as training before getting into the Guinness book of records for paddling across the North Sea Zeebrugge to Felixtowe in 28 hours 58 minutes and 12 seconds.

Currently boat less but fancy something inflateable, prefer Canadian.

Martin

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
My daughter and I paddle.We paddle mainly marathon boats and have a selection of K1 and K2's of Carbon Kevlar construction. I also own an old white water play boat but haven't paddled white water for a few years now, but when I did enjoyed camping at Bala and paddling there. I've paddled a fair bit in Europe as well.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
None here at home but my very good buddy is very into his Surf Ski, well that's what he call it, I'd say it's more like a slither of carbon:roflmto: I'm down with him in mid June and I know he's got ideas of me in it:Eeek:

Here catching some waves and enjoying the ride (camera on his ski)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqcdyCoG0M"]Tony Kenney Surfski Jan 2012 - 3 lads on skis.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

A few years back when he stayed with us he borrowed a neighbors Kayak and went across the lake here, had coffee and came back, each way is 14km…..

Last edited:
OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Now you've done it. I have found myself looking at kayaks. Used to love playing in one when I was (a lot) younger.
I may have to get another one. :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: pmsl

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lol Morrigan thats what happened to me :ROFLMAO:

went to a meet my mates turned up with kayaks I jumped in relived the old times & the next thing I back home looking for a club.
less than six months later ive got my own kit & paddling

:Eeek: 2 years later BCU 2 star, FSRT, BCU 3 star ,WWSR another year now Level 1 coach weekend just gone :Blush:

:ROFLMAO: im in it for good now so much Ive even cancelled work to go paddle :ROFLMAO:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Sea Eagle 420x 2 man inflatable Kayak we have only sailed on the dining room table to date ..... :Blush:...hope to get started this weekend having spent another fortune on wet suits, kayak jackets, boots, helmets and floatation devices.

We have also bought a sailing rig for it :Eeek: we are saving that delight for the summer.

I used to Canoe in my teens at Appletreewick and really loved it .... We both love the water and will happily spend most of the day in it or on it.

Lets hope it is more on it than in it! till it warms up.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
None here at home but my very good buddy is very into his Surf Ski, well that's what he call it, I'd say it's more like a slither of carbon:roflmto: I'm down with him in mid June and I know he's got ideas of me in it:Eeek:

Lol Nice video they kinda look like Hybrid K1's

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Lets hope its not like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNN1wQtIINA"]Funny canoeing the whole beach starts laughing - YouTube[/ame]

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Well..................................

how do I put this?????

in a moment of absolute madness ............ and yes seasoned funsters know how mad I am

I actually have FIVE PEDALOs sitting in my back garden

The seller on ebay wouldnt sell 1 so I bought all 5

All to do with fond memories of being a 13 year old in Italy using pedalos on the sea

We put one on the roof of the motorhome last yearand used it at the seaside at Hunstanton - my goodness I never realised how heavy they were - hence still sitting in back garden.

Some wonderful irish thieves decided they would try to steal it from us whilst in the sea. So I gave them what for in no uncertain terms. Yep I won.

So anyone wanting to buy a pedalo PM me

and.......................

What about a boating motorhome meet? next to a river with free launching ????? perhaps in the summer?????

volunteer organiser needed >>>>>> points at rob

On a better note, thanks to funsters we have a small blow up navigator III and a small seagull outboard that is great - both still heavy to carry but thats only coz of my disabilities - they wouldnt have felt heavy 20 years ago. and we love it. Cost very little but the enjoyment from the boat and outboard have been well worthwhile

and we wouldnt have had such enjoyment without ActingStrange many thanks hunny

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What about a boating motorhome meet? next to a river with free launching ????? perhaps in the summer???

Thats the Idea ::bigsmile: just gathering some info @ the moment but yes we or I could arrange a meet either on/next to a river/lake/shore for a weekend & have a whale of a time enjoying some paddling during the day & some drunken antics in the evening :ROFLMAO:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I have been trying to persuade Glynn for a while and after speaking to Jon & Shell at Peterborough he was so impressed by their Gumotex he wants to give it a try. Rather than end up with all the gear and no idea we want to get a cheapish inflatable first to see if it is something we would enjoy and then looking at getting a decent bit of kit. The trouble is we have probably left it a bit late as we leave in 8 days for France and won't be back until October. We may have to wait until next year to get one but in the meantime if anyone has one they no longer use and wants to sell it let me know. I'm not looking at sea kayaking, just nice calm lakes or maybe slow flowing rivers but I think it could be great fun ::bigsmile:

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
We have 2 Jackson Rogue (1 each) l am doing my level3 white water start next weekend with Leam Boats am going to Wales. Andy on hold as he torn his muscle ...lifting a pot plant for gods sake! :-/
Going to work up to getting white water qualification.

We also have a tango inflateable 2 man which is now kept in CB.

Would love to take the JR with us but no place to put them.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bit far away for a paddle meet for me. Jeanneau Merry Fisher 625. :roflmto:

Attachments