Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Don't know if everyone knows but I just read this on WC forum:

"Just spoken to Graham, at millers field, and unfortunately as of 5/5/2014, this facility will be closed.

Big big shame"

So now it's official the lake district really don't want us. :cry:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Keith, there is a big thread on this. Not good at searching perhaps GJH can put the link for you. Joy

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is one of them, but there's more
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi Keith, there is a big thread on this. Not good at searching perhaps GJH can put the link for you. Joy

Yes Joy I read all that last year but this is now, it closes this weekend. Shall we try a sit in? Or a park in?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would have used the same link that Chaser used :Smile:

It appears that Miller Field has still been used for rallies in the last few months. MCC Northern Counties are supposed to have one in a couple of weeks for instance (though they do say check before travelling). So, it looks like that has been cracked down on as well.

As I said on the other thread, had a proper planning application been made in the first place it may not have made a difference in the long run but at least the complete evidence on both sides could have been fully aired.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
According to the MCC Northern Counties web site their rally at Miller Field on May 6th - 11th "has now been confirmed and is on".

Other items found using Google indicate that Miller Field closed in January.

So, what exactly is going on is anybody's guess. I suppose only Graeme Drylie can give a definitive answer is anybody cares to ring him.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
According to the MCC Northern Counties web site their rally at Miller Field on May 6th - 11th "has now been confirmed and is on".

Other items found using Google indicate that Miller Field closed in January. (Misinformation?)

So, what exactly is going on is anybody's guess. I suppose only Graeme Drylie can give a definitive answer is anybody cares to ring him.

That is what the original poster on WC has done Graham (see first post), so Graham Drylie must have told him, unless some else knows different?

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
THE MCC MEET AT THIS VENUE IS ON.AS THE MEET WAS BOOKED LAST YEAR AND MCC HAVE ALL THE NESACERY PAPERS THE COUNCIL MUST ALLOW THIS MEET AS IT WILL OTHER CLUBS BUT IT WILL NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO JUST TURN UP AND TREAT MILLERS FIELD AS AN AIRE. FUN!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Keith and Bill both.

It makes sense that Miller Field is closed as a caravan site (because that would require planning permission) but that rallies organised by exempted organisations can go ahead because they use the exemption in Para 6 of the First Schedule of the 1960 Act and planning permission is not required for such temporary sites.

Incidentally, it is the Lake District National Park Authority which has refused planning permission to Miller Field, not South Lakeland District Council.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back