Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi all,

I've just subscribed, having read the threads and feeling that we will fit in (apart from the fact that we haven't got a MH yet!)

Hubby and I hired last year, to get a feel for layouts etc and then went to the NEC show in October. Decided on one that we wanted to buy but got nervous about the outlay and held off. We have just been and had another look around at Peterborough and still like our original choice but feel that perhaps we ought to buy secondhand first?

Anyway, we will continue to hire this year whilst looking around and hopefully pick up some handy tips along the way ;)

Lisa

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi rosierose, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
:flyingwelcome:
:fatbuddha:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Just having a look around the site and found the members map…..DawnB, we are practically neighbours ::bigsmile::winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just having a look around the site and found the members map…..DawnB, we are practically neighbours ::bigsmile::winky:

Welcome on board from the other (rather rough) end of Suffolk - you will find a huge amount of information and help on here - some of it even useful :winky: This is a really friendly place; ask a question and the replies will come very swiftly.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome all, I'm liking it here already :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

If you fancy meeting some of us then my my birthday bash still has one static left or you can get a tenting pitch - make sure you speak to maria

REMEMBER - you dont have to own a motorhome to come to a funster meet.

If you are travelling around the shows come find the funster tent

whatever you do HAVE FUN

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi and welcome to fun

If you fancy meeting some of us then my my birthday bash still has one static left or you can get a tenting pitch - make sure you speak to maria

REMEMBER - you dont have to own a motorhome to come to a funster meet.

If you are travelling around the shows come find the funster tent

whatever you do HAVE FUN

Thanks, that's very kind of you but I am running the Race for Life on the Sunday. I hope you have a fab time though :)

We will definitely keep a look out when we go to another show :winky:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There's pro' and con's for both the second hand and new routes.....

Buying secondhand is obviously less of a financial leap and easier to justify, especially if you tell yourself that it's the same as the price of a car! Largely, S/H vehicles are looked after by their owners and many have low mileage. However, if you want a really late model, you can pay well over 30K plus! Once you are in this range, you might as well go for new, or a pre- registered bargain because you won't have to worry about an MOT for 3 years, buy new tyres, worry about damp or rectify any other problems.

At least with 'new' you know the beast from the start. BUT, the cost is like a mortgage! AND as you've probably read on here, new ones aren't always free from faults either.

As you've hired and are hiring again, it sounds like you like the MH lifestyle and it's just a question of layout. There is, alas, no perfect layout; it's always a compromise. Many on here will say you don't get near to your choice until you've bought your third 'van!!

Don't leave it too late, push the boat out, otherwise you'll talk yourselves out of it!

Wishing you happy browsing, Motorhome hunting and travels anyway.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the mad house.we hope you find what you need.then we can meet you at the meets.:thumb::thumb:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Welcome, just don't mention the Suffolk bit, loses street cred.!
We will be at a CL just outside Snape this weekend if you want to view our van or have any advice, pm me if you do. :thumb:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello and Welcome from another neighbour in Norfolk. Hope to meet you soon.:welcome:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
And a big welcome from the other folks from Silly Suffolk. We are near [STRIKE]What a Shame[/STRIKE] Wattisham! :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nothing wrong with white stilletos…..I bought mine with me when we relocated :ROFLMAO:

Several nights out in Basildon festival leisure park have left a number of my work colleagues emotionally scarred..... Mostly because my own white stilettos didn't fit very well.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Several nights out in Basildon festival leisure park have left a number of my work colleagues emotionally scarred..... Mostly because my own white stilettos didn't fit very well.

ah, good old Bas vegas! :winky:

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Welcome

Welcome to the club :thumb:

I hope your membership will help you find the confidence to take the plunge and get your own van. Hiring a motorhome is all very well but it's a bit like hiring an outfit - there is nothing quite like wearing your own shoes :wub:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back