Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Looking to order one and thought all sorted to buy from Navibuzz . Seems a good deal and friendly service but on asking it seems you cannot programme using co ordinates .

Any one with a lorry GPS got recommendations please :Smile:

Need to Order soon as is for birthday present !!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Several on here have bought from navibuzz including me and I can confirm that they do allow the input of co-ordinates.

john

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
does the one navbuzz sells have" advance lane guidance " ? cheers garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Several on here have bought from navibuzz including me and I can confirm that they do allow the input of co-ordinates.

john

I have just asked him and he says no . Would you mind checking if the model he is selling on flea ay is the same as yours :thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This one Broken Link Removedthat he is sellling appears to be the same as the one I have. I say "appears" because the ad and item code have changed since I purchased mine. But the description looks the same, windows ce6 operating system, same memory and tf card etc.

The entry of the co-ordinate is a feature of the satnav software. On mine and all of the ones purchased by other funsters it is IGO Primo and that has the facility to enter co-ordinates. As navibuzz if they are still using IGO and if so you should be ok.

I think others have asked the same question of the seller and have had the same answer. I don't think that they fully understand what the software does.

John

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
[HI]I don't think that they fully understand what the software does.[/HI]

I would agree. When I first looked at the Navibuzz offering I asked if it was possible to add sets of POIs rather than just individual items. I was told it was not possible. As a result I didn't buy - until John and others confirmed that it is possible :Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Pam!

I sent this link recently to my Mum as she wanted to buy a GPS for me when travelling in my motorhome.

I haven't checked whether it's taking coordinates but it sounds quite a good one and dedicated to motorhomes :

Broken Link Removed

May be you can find an English version!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

john

Same for me, just come back from nearly 5 months abroad with no problems caused by the unit, one or two problems caused by me though :Doh:, you can't beat it at the price

:thumb: :drink::drink:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
The entry of the co-ordinate is a feature of the satnav software. On mine and all of the ones purchased by other funsters it is IGO Primo and that has the facility to enter co-ordinates. As navibuzz if they are still using IGO and if so you should be ok.

I think others have asked the same question of the seller and have had the same answer. I don't think that they fully understand what the software does.

John

Thats how I understand ( and regularly use ) the unit . Its the software that has the co-ordinate input or not facility . If its IGO based then it will have the facility . I have both the truck version and standard version of IGO . Both allow co-ordinate input.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Pam!

I sent this link recently to my Mum as she wanted to buy a GPS for me when travelling in my motorhome.

I haven't checked whether it's taking coordinates but it sounds quite a good one and dedicated to motorhomes :

Broken Link Removed

Amicalement

Thanks Frankie

We did have a French one bought through Masters with all the aires preloaded but OH tried to charge it with the wrong charger so now caput !!

We have a car one again but this lorry one is so cheap thought we would by for the van. Is less than 80 € !!

Xxx

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Pam!

Broken Link Removed

Amicalement

Thanks Frankie

We did have a French one bought through Masters with all the aires preloaded but OH tried to charge it with the wrong charger so now caput !!

We have a car one again but this lorry one is so cheap thought we would by for the van. Is less than 80 € !!

Xxx

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, on the destination input page click 'more' tucked away at the bottom. It's not obvious, unless you know about it.
Wyn

Wyn

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Are any of you using the AV input for a reversing camera ?
Would seem the logical thing to do ?

Also, has anyone cut the cig adapter and hard wired it to the 12v system ?

Thanks in advance :Smile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I did try, bought the correct lead, connected it all up selected reverse and got a good picture:thumb:

But then moved it out of reverse and even with the camera off the screen remained frozen on the camera picture and the satnav did not reload.:cry:

I have not had time to look into what the problem is so if you try it let us all know how you get on.

John

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I did try, bought the correct lead, connected it all up selected reverse and got a good picture:thumb:

But then moved it out of reverse and even with the camera off the screen remained frozen on the camera picture and the satnav did not reload.:cry:

John

So what did you do ? Did you end up buying a separate screen ?

Only asking as I need to buy a reversing camera kit and my Snooper
sat nav is getting on a bit....

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
No I already have a camera fitted and wanted to remove the screen to avoid cluttering the dashboard.

John

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Yes, on the destination input page click 'more' tucked away at the bottom. It's not obvious, unless you know about it.
Wyn

Wyn

I ve just tried the more button but cant find out how to input the gps co-ordinates.

Any chance of an idiot proof instruction manual as I havent been able to download the POIs from a previous thread either.

Yours in anticipation

Thicko

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Are any of you using the AV input for a reversing camera ?
Would seem the logical thing to do ?

[HI]Also, has anyone cut the cig adapter and hard wired it to the 12v system ?
[/HI]
Thanks in advance :Smile:

Don't. The cigar lighter plug is not just a plug, but reduces the 12v to 5v for the satnav. If you wire it direct it will go phut:Eeek:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I ve just tried the more button but cant find out how to input the gps co-ordinates.

Any chance of an idiot proof instruction manual as I havent been able to download the POIs from a previous thread either.

Yours in anticipation

Thicko
I bet your pressing the "more" button on the navigation menu it looks like a jigsaw piece.

From the "navigation menu" press "find"

at the bottom of the next screen hit the "more" tab

a window should open that has "find on map" and "coordinate" on it.

press "coordinate" and a window marked "find coordinates" should open this is where you enter them.

If the coordinate format is not what you have hit the "more" button at the bottom of this screen and then "units and formats" you can then change the "coordinate display format" to the one you want use. Return to the input screen.

When you have entered the coordinates hit done and the unit will find the location on the map and allow you to navigate to it.

Hope this helps

John

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I bet your pressing the "more" button on the navigation menu it looks like a jigsaw piece.

From the "navigation menu" press "find"

at the bottom of the next screen hit the "more" tab

a window should open that has "find on map" and "coordinate" on it.

press "coordinate" and a window marked "find coordinates" should open this is where you enter them.

If the coordinate format is not what you have hit the "more" button at the bottom of this screen and then "units and formats" you can then change the "coordinate display format" to the one you want use. Return to the input screen.

When you have entered the coordinates hit done and the unit will find the location on the map and allow you to navigate to it.

Hope this helps

John

Currently under the influence but have inderstood this reply. Will be trying this out tomorrow night (along with my typung skills)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back