Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all, I have re insured the MH today and one of the questions was 'is the alarm a cat 1'? Yes, I reply, its a cat 2-1 which is the cat 2 upgraded to cat 1.
Next question, 'do you have the certificate'? No I reply, it was on the van when I got it, but I know all about the system and what it is as I have had some extras installed.
Next question, 'can you get a certificate'? 'I don't know' I reply, 'do i need one, I don't know who fitted it'
Answer, 'Yes if you want some discount'...
So, my question, obviousely, is how can i get one, anyone else had this issue? :thumb:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
My understanding is if you speak with the maker and it is registered they will supply a copy.

But they charge for it :Eeek::Eeek:

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi all, I have re insured the MH today and one of the questions was 'is the alarm a cat 1'? Yes, I reply, its a cat 2-1 which is the cat 2 upgraded to cat 1.
Next question, 'do you have the certificate'? No I reply, it was on the van when I got it, but I know all about the system and what it is as I have had some extras installed.
Next question, 'can you get a certificate'? 'I don't know' I reply, 'do i need one, I don't know who fitted it'
Answer, 'Yes if you want some discount'...
So, my question, obviousely, is how can i get one, anyone else had this issue? :thumb:

You may have to weigh-up the cost difference between the potentially earned discounts and the one off systems re-validation cost by the alarm agent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
You may have to weigh-up the cost difference between the potentially earned discounts and the one off systems re-validation cost by the alarm agent.

I also have to weigh up that if the insurance company don't get validation they may not honour a claim for belongings etc. The small print is a minefield :Eeek:

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
My understanding is if you speak with the maker and it is registered they will supply a copy.

But they charge for it :Eeek::Eeek:

My system is a sigma (not the best but I have now tailored it to suit my needs) but I think they are now under scorpian's wing, should be worth a punt. :thumb:

Last edited:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
i have the same prob so i told them i have fitted reverse bleepers and rear cams had money of for both items ....swings an roundabouts:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back