Alarm Fitting! (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Advice needed please ::bigsmile:

Just booked to have the Strikeback alarm fitted and they've suggested to have the extra siren fitted at the rear. Looking over the options on the website it seems to suggest more suitable for larger motorhomes, as we're a little over 6 metres is this extra bit necessary? or will we be over egging the pudding so to speak?

All opinions gratefully received :Confused:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Advice needed please ::bigsmile:

Just booked to have the Strikeback alarm fitted and they've suggested to have the extra siren fitted at the rear. Looking over the options on the website it seems to suggest more suitable for larger motorhomes, as we're a little over 6 metres is this extra bit necessary? or will we be over egging the pudding so to speak?

All opinions gratefully received :Confused:
If its inside I would say that a tealeaf's ears would not stand it for long and soon hot foot it :thumb:

OP
OP
sticky130
Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Definitely inside, but this is a extra external siren they are suggesting.

extra external siren £150

but the internal one only £115

Thinking maybe if we need another siren maybe the internal one with isolator switch is the way to go?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
You have to take into account the strikeback alarm has had a lot of thought put into it, designed specifically for MH's. Don't dispell the recommendations too easily :thumb:

No I don't work for the company I just think it is a quality piece of kit on reading the bumph:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sticky130
Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I couldn't agree more :thumb: That's exactly why we plumped for this one.

Just trying to figure out our options, as on their own literature they recommend the extra sirens for large motorhomes, which we are not! This was just recommended before they knew how long we were.

I know we can spend money on security until the cows come home, I just want to make sure that any dough we spend is spent sensibly :winky:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I couldn't agree more :thumb: That's exactly why we plumped for this one.

Just trying to figure out our options, as on their own literature they recommend the extra sirens for large motorhomes, which we are not! This was just recommended before they knew how long we were.

I know we can spend money on security until the cows come home, I just want to make sure that any dough we spend is spent sensibly :winky:

Having been on the receiving end of a MH break-in, while we were asleep in it, every penny spent on security is money worth spending, even just for piece of mind.
Having said that, if you think bits are not needed or not worth it, it's your money :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We were just making a booking for a strikeback on the new van yesterday (at Peterborough) and considering the various options. It isn't a big van at under 7 metres so only one siren. Extremely quick response to my email this morning on another matter.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I am wondering the exact same thing. On a 6 m would the basic strikeback alarm be ok? We were recommended extra leds and internal siren. Just wondering if they are needed as well. Will watch this thread with interest.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Having an extra siren fitted I think is sensible especially as depending on which way the wind blows the noise from the alarm could be either quite loud or not so loud.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi everyone, you are all welcome to be locked inside in one of our vehicles and try out our multiple siren systems :wooo:

come to that stand outside one whilst we trigger the system:imoutahere:

No one has to worry about what to book, as we happily discuss everything and can demonstrate everything on the day of installation.

As Strikeback & Growler are our products and unique to us, we have everything we need in stock, so you make decisions like this on the day.

Noise loud enough to be debilitating is a powerful tool when deterring a thief.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Vanbitz have just installed the growler today, the outside sirens certainly wake everyone up, the inside one is loud enough to ensure no one stays in the van for long. Like the fact we can isolate the inside sirens when the dog is in. ::Smile:

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi had growler about 2 yrs ago comes with all extra sirens/LEDs/external link for bikes on rack might be worth the extra for growler lovely camp site.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back