Phillips navigator camping and caravan atlas (1 Viewer)

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Saw this in the Camping and Caravanning mag and wondered if anyone had any reviews of this?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Phillips Navigator Atlas are the best there is I use the truck version,there is an updated truck version coming out in the next month or so.
They are rarely heavily discounted,they don't need to they are so good!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Cheapest I have seen is Here on eBay (cheaper than the C&CC member offer when postage is taken into account).

We have the 2013 Truckers Atlas. May buy a copy of the new one after we get back from Peterborough. Good price on eBay Here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I ordered one this week from the Ebay seller and it came within 2 days. It is huge by comparison to the usual road atlas (probably three times as thick as the usual AA one. With a scale of 1.5 miles to the inch, (3.5 for parts of Scotland) it is like having a full set of OS maps in book form. As it's produced for the C&CC, it only includes C&CC sites and CS's and Listed sites (over 3000 in total)- no CC sites or CL's. There are also over 100 town centre plans, 5000 camera locations and 8000 restricted bridges locations. It's a ring-binder atlas for ease of opening but pages seem rather thin but any thicker and the whole thing would weigh a ton.

OP
OP
P

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Thanks for the replies,I will go ahead and order one now,I do like a good map.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Mine came today, very quick delivery from e-Bay seller, very pleased with it.

Margaret

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Cheapest I have seen is Here on eBay (cheaper than the C&CC member offer when postage is taken into account).

We have the 2013 Truckers Atlas. May buy a copy of the new one after we get back from Peterborough. Good price on eBay Here.

Many thanks mine came today well pleased good info again

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I bought one of these recently. I not sure if i am being a bit thick, but apart from bridge heights it looks the same as any other map. It has a lot of detail, but i was dissappointed not to see more info on narrow lanes etc. There is meant to be a measure, but i looked at some routes that i knew were unsuitable for towing or a large vehicle and there was nothing on the map to indicate that. I had hoped to see an indication of single track roads. Is it a case of not straying onto any of minor roads just in case? I maybe reading it wrong, if so please tell me what i am doing wrong :Blush:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Any of the roads with a black check pattern is denoted as narrow, I am just back from Scotland and used a narrow road in Galloway with no problems, single track with passing places but perfectly doable, with a large A class,
Page 246 B729 from knowehead to craigdarroch FYI:thumb:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
Thought I would upload a picture to show narrow road as on the Philips atlas,

Bugger it's wrong way up but I'm sure you will get the idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Oh Bugger! Shame this didn't come up on here a few days ago, could have saved myself a few bob!

I ordered from the C&CC but they apparently flew off the shelves and are now out of stock. They have another batch coming in soon with the option of pre-ordering. I've pre-ordered and expect delivery 3rd week in May. :cry:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thought I would upload a picture to show narrow road as on the Philips atlas,

Bugger it's wrong way up but I'm sure you will get the idea

thanks that makes it better. If there was a number say 8 1/2 by the road would that indicate steepness?

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Oh Bugger! Shame this didn't come up on here a few days ago, could have saved myself a few bob!

I ordered from the C&CC but they apparently flew off the shelves and are now out of stock. They have another batch coming in soon with the option of pre-ordering. I've pre-ordered and expect delivery 3rd week in May. :cry:

Why not cancel and order via the ebay link or I got mine from foyles for £14 ish.

LucyCaitlynW

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days

Me too :cry:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
thanks that makes it better. If there was a number say 8 1/2 by the road would that indicate steepness?
The black chevrons denote steepest and direction on the atlas
The picture of kirkstone pass shows it quite clearly,
But the road from the pass to Ambleside is unsuitable as it's only 6'6" wide but the main A592 is fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 23

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Ordered mine via the Android at Peterborough on Saturday, thing is the keypad's so small I think I ordered 10 so there may be a few for sale on here soon. :RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We have the 2013 Truckers Atlas. [HI]May buy a copy of the new one after we get back from Peterborough. [/HI]Good price on eBay Here.

Just got back from Peterborough, had a look and the cheap ones on eBay are all sold out - I should never have told you lot about it :roflmto:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
It looks ideal. I love a good map.

Just seems a shame it only has the C&CC sites in as I'm in the CC so it would have been nice to see all of those too.

Is there an atlas with all sites in, or even better one especially for motorhomers?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It looks ideal. I love a good map.

Just seems a shame it only has the C&CC sites in as I'm in the CC so it would have been nice to see all of those too.

Is there an atlas with all sites in, or even better one especially for motorhomers?

It's a collaboration between Phillips and the C&CC so that determines the sites that are in it.

I've never come across an atlas showing all sites and certainly not one especially for motorhomers. I can't imagine potential sales encouraging anyone to publish one.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I've found that there are some CC sites marked - affiliated sites that are 'Listed sites' in the C&CC's Big Book, as they are commercial sites open to non-members. One thing I intend to do when I have an odd hour or two to kill is get a sheet of small coloured adhesive dots and mark the CC sites on the map myself (obviously too big a job to mark all CC CL's)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've found that there are some CC sites marked - affiliated sites that are 'Listed sites' in the C&CC's Big Book, as they are commercial sites open to non-members. One thing I intend to do when I have an odd hour or two to kill is get a sheet of small coloured adhesive dots and mark the CC sites on the map myself ([HI]obviously too big a job to mark all CC CL's[/HI])

'ave you no ambition boyo? :roflmto::winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's back on sale at £12.67, free P&P Here :thumb::thumb:

Atlas arrived by Yodel courier a few minutes ago, so very good service.

And I just realised that I paid £12.67 but it was £14.67 when I first posted about the eBay seller a couple of weeks ago. Serves all you lot who bought them out and made me wait right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Atlas arrived by Yodel courier a few minutes ago, so very good service.

And I just realised that [HI]I paid £12.67[/HI] but it was £14.67 when I first posted about the eBay seller a couple of weeks ago. Serves all you lot who bought them out and made me wait right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's what I paid for mine:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back