Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...as a first MH?

Seems to tick my only three boxes, ie length, budget & fixed bed.

Currently there appear to be three in my locality ranging fro 20-26K
Wellsbridge, Elite & SMC dealerships

Any thoughts or advice?
Any pitfalls I should look out for?

Comments generally... ?
From the pix, I like the separate shower area, and a large (beer & wine) fridge.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've never had a Rapido, so it's only hearsay, but I've heard and read a lot of complaints about lack of payload

Malcolm

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I think the payload problem is with the A classe.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I've never had a Rapido, so it's only hearsay, but I've heard and read a lot of complaints about lack of payload

Malcolm

The above is very true with our 791ff but the 770 series maybe somewhat better.

Payload apart we have used ours continually for two years now and apart from a bathroom door handle coming loose the Rapido side has behaved impeccably, just a tiny problem with the Fiat injector harness, dealt with under the Fiat warranty

Last edited:
OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
According to a quick google of past sales, payload would be around 440kg...
should be ok for one plus dog ??

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
According to a quick google of past sales, payload would be around 440kg...
should be ok for one plus dog ??

To be fair our problem was not too much with the overall weight it was keeping the rear axle within its 2000 Kg limit until I had it uprated to 2259 Kg

Would we have another----definitely yes

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine is an Aclass and there was a problem with payload but now uprated. With the larger Mercedes engine the front axle loading is very close, I'm just glad it's not an automatic which is even heavier.

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Well I just went to have a gander at this one:
Broken Link Removed

...and it looked tidy enough - but honestly, how can I tell? I have no knowledge of cars, motor mechanics let alone motorhomes. I'd have to rely on the dealer & their warranty.
There's no point in my going over it with a fine tooth-comb, as I don't know what I'd be looking for, or how significant it was if I saw something - I did notice a couple of cosmetic things but really for a 6-7 yr van it looked in pretty good nick (to my eyes)

I was looking online last night for a brochure, or specifications, or anything to tell me stuff like how big the water tanks are etc but then it occurred to me, does it really matter about these things, stop filling when its full, fill when it's empty... as long as everything works... which brings me back to the dealership :Doh:.

I could have quite easily said "I'll take it" and written out the cheque but that would have been silly (wouldn't it?) because I've not even driven one, let alone test driven that one, and because I don't expect to have the freedom to use it until September...

...and
I realised that I'd never spent that amount of money on anything before and it rather scared me :Eeek:.

I quite liked the Wellsbridge setup - the sales guy said all the right things (including, don't worry about missing out on this one if it's not quite the right time as there'll always be suitable ones about in your budget).

So, should I just take a leap of faith - accepting that there will always be a few niggles on a used van (as indeed it seems there are on a new one)...

...and any comments (good or bad, hearsay or experience) on Wellsbridge Motorhomes?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back