How hard is it to get good customer service? (1 Viewer)

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Rubbish customer service boils my pee

arranged a courier to collect a parcel so you wait in the house all day because been able to give you a am or pm slot is asking to much, so you sit waiting in the house from 7am till 6pm (because in the modern world of information thats the best they can do) for them not to turn up barstewards. So you rearrange collection for another date for yet again for them not to bother turning up again dirty barstewards. so you complain and express your feelings that you wasted 2 days of your life waiting for the promise of a man in a white van to carefully collect and transport your goods and for them to arrive in the exact condition they were collected in.
so the man on the other end of the phone is very understanding and apologies are plenty. and he promises hand on heart that the courier will come on the 3rd collection date. so you sit in the house all day with a packet of biccies and anytime a diesel engine can be heard your soul warms your spirits are lifted you jump look out of window to see its not the man in the white you hope for. so thats 3 collection dates they have failed to well collect. the excuses I have had so far are the driver forgot, the driver ran out of driving hours.

theres no point to this I just needed a rant

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Awful experience and so unnecessary as everyone has a mobile phone so can call ahead to alert any customer to any problems. On an different note my daughter has been at University in Canada and had to ship out 2 extra bags.....collected on time....did not arrive in Canada for over 3 weeks despite having indestructible labels on the outside and another set inside. ( Fed Ex ) we were absolutely dreading the return job last week.....but no........DHL picked up her bags , on time, on Tuesday......they arrived on Thurday. Fantastic service. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Awful experience and so unnecessary as everyone has a mobile phone so can call ahead to alert any customer to any problems.

But you are forgetting about good old Health & Safety.

Parcel not collected by Yodel (just the once luckily), when I queried why at some point during the day when they realised there was a problem the driver hadn`t rang me, the answer was `our drivers don`t carry mobile phones because of H&S`

`Bollocks` was my reply.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
exactly same problem as Lee52 when i asked MADSCRAP to pick up my sons old car for scrap, x3 days wasted with excuses driver got lost, gone over work hours ect, phoning office, girl apologising stating re arrange for tomorrow, this passes, speak to manager who stated i had not given them correct contact details, despite my please this was confirmed at every call i had made to them.
sent e-mail for explanation of poor service before i make comment on their web site, to be told to rebook.
phone local dealer ,came up within hour transaction completed, should have done this in first place.
not wanting to hi jack this thread but similar incident re poor customer services.:Doh:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ordered some parts from Dell for the Pewter!!! City link van pulled up outside or drive gate the very next day ( we live down a private lane which is access to 3 properties only ). thought yipee and went out into the drive to greet the driver with open arms...

waste of time... the van reversed away and was gone. not before i noted the Reg no...:thumb:

got on the net track the parcel " out for delivery since 7am :thumb: waited, waited, no parcel.

checked tinternet again... parcel returned to depot... no one in!!!!:Eeek:

called the City link depot, told them the driver just drove away, discussion ensued i mentiond Reg no, he said AH! will be delivered next day.

Nope or the next, in fact it never got delivered as the package went missing at the depot..:Doh: It happens i was informed by the Depot..:Angry:

Dell replaced it and it arrived by a different courier the day after.

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I've said it before; waiting for a delivery is like tantric sex. You stay in all day and no one comes.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Hey you own a motorhome you should be used to crap service, not met a dealer yet that I would return to.:shout::shout:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
theres no point to this I just needed a rant

I know how you feel.

Took a heavy parcel to post office a week last Thu. ParcelForce 48h £23.

Recipient said not arrived a week on. Fri, I start phoning around, the tracking just said "collected from PO on the original Thu".

Eventually I phone the PO "It was collected today, we have been phoning them all week".

Big rant gone to managing director.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Hey you own a motorhome you should be used to crap service, not met a dealer yet that I would return to.:shout::shout:

I'm glad someone else has had that experience.

We've had our motorhome three years and the dealer we've been going to for servicing (I won't name names) has been seriously lacking.

You get lots of nicey niceness, but the work they carry out always seems to cause more problems.

Last year I went in to get a shower fitting fixed. They charged me £150 for the privilege, but then when I get home I discover they haven't put the shower door back on correctly, or the tray is cockeyed or something.

Because of their handy work it meant I had to stand holding the shower door - or get someone else to do it - whilst my dear beloved showered in there naked. The lengths some of us guys are willing to go to in order to help our wives beggars belief sometimes ;-)

Anyway, when I ring them to explain all they can say is bring it back in and we'll take a look. I explain it is an 80 mile round trip and that the problem was totally of THEIR making. They really didn't seem to care.

In the end I had to take a day off work, drive all the way there and keep myself entertained for three hours whilst they got their act together and fixed the shower they'd bust.

I managed to get them to knock me £20 off the next service bill, but overall it was seriously bad service. They shouldn't have bust the shower in the first place, and when they realised they had they should have either come to me to fix it or at least reimbursed me for the time, petrol and mileage without me having to argue.

Alas, good service is a rarity these days, which is why when people get it they are so likely to post a glowing report on forums such as this.

So I sure empathise with you about your courier problem. Scandalous.

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Courier company DPD provide a delivery slot to within an hour ::bigsmile:

I go to work and get home at the beginning of the delivery timeslot and they usually arrive within 15 minutes and always within the timeslot. They even give you a link to watch the delivery van's location on Google Maps in real time.

Excellent.

I receive absolutely no pecuniary reward for posting this message but I hope DPD will read it and re-consider. :Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Courier company DPD provide a delivery slot to within an hour ::bigsmile:

I go to work and get home at the beginning of the delivery timeslot and they usually arrive within 15 minutes and always within the timeslot. They even give you a link to watch the delivery van's location on Google Maps in real time.

Excellent.

I receive absolutely no pecuniary reward for posting this message but I hope DPD will read it and re-consider. :Smile:

I find the same at work , I wish I could ask for all on line delivery's to be made by DPD:thumb:
I can get the drivers van position on the pc and time to deliver to me then I can make sure I will be back to meet him.
Usually down to 5 mins accuracy:thumb:

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
My Hudl display went awry (6 months old). Rang Tesco Direct, replacement delivered next day by DPD within the stated time - 11a.m. to 12 p.m. (lunchtime) - email even quoted the drivers name! The defective Hudl picked up by a different DPD driver within the same time slot. Full marks to Tesco Direct and DPD. That's service with a capital S! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year

I would return to Spinney , not really high jacking this thread , just saying there are some with good customer service out there.

Margaret

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
But you are forgetting about good old Health & Safety.

Parcel not collected by Yodel (just the once luckily), when I queried why at some point during the day when they realised there was a problem the driver hadn`t rang me, the answer was `our drivers don`t carry mobile phones because of H&S`
[HI]
`Bollocks` was my reply.[/[/HI]QUOTE]

Funny that, thats exactly what I thought

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
DPD Do provide a good service, we have recently had an extension on the house an lots of bits purchased on line - DPD tx & email with a 1 hour time slot and have always been with it :thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yep, even here out in the sticks DPD and Rusty my local trusty driver is always on time. I usually watch his progress and as he delivers the parcel before ours go and open the gate for him or collect my parcel at the gate if it's just light and small.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back