Headlamp correction for Europe (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 120
Exp
Since 1988
On my old Fiat Ducato I used to stick some tape on the nearside headlamp to prevent dazling others with mt headlamps when on dip. There are no markings at all on my new(er) van to indicate where to put them. What do any of you guys do?

Last edited:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
On my old Fiat Ducato I used to stick some tape on the nearside headlamp to prevent dazling others with mt headlamps when on dip. There are no markings at all on my new(er) van. What do any of you guys do?

If you can't get specific instructions for your lamp unit.

1. Get some deflectors.
2. Park a few metres back from a garage door.
3. Turn the lights on.
4. Find the bits of light that flick up to the left on the garage door.
5. Move the deflectors about until they disappear, if you are lucky reappearing to the right.
6. Unpeel the sticker and attach.

Modern headlights often require the deflectors to be on the bottom half of the glass.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Hi Dolomite Pete, I posted this some time back and still stick by it:thumb:

Try doing the same as the Europeans do when entering the UK? "NOTHING!!"
they don't even know there is a difference:RollEyes: they never dip main beam until they see the whites of your eyes anyway :Eeek:they were the ones who changed from RH to LH ( I'm told it was Napoleon being left handed who didn't find it user friendly to draw his sword if an oncoming horseman turned out to be a scallywag) Shipping, Aviation and trains still use the good old BRITISH way.:restmycase:
When I come to the UK I drop my head lights with the dash board controller, and if I'm on a unlit country road I use the fog lights- as it seems the fashion over there lately; IL have to get a BOOM BOX and all round tinted windows next time I come over.:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
Hola Dolomite Pete
I have a 2002 fiat Benimar left hand drive and when we came to England For visit a few years ago I tried to get reflectors to do the same but opposite , I was told here in Spain don't be daft why would we stock them everyone except Engalnd drives on the correct side :ROFLMAO: anyway when I came over to England I just drove on dipped lights with no problem and over here I notice many Brits seem to do the same.
I personally would put reflectors on because they must be cheap to buy in UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back