Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I hope you good people will be able to help me here, I am getting a 2000 watt modified sine wave inverter fitted, and an extra 100 watt solar panel, together with two 110 ah Banner batteries.
My question is
If I change the existing sky pace 12v mini box to a 240v sky HD box (45 watt consumption) will the drain on the batteries be high for say an evenings viewing?

The reason to change is I can record if necessary plus I can run the TV in the front via scart & and the Avtex HD one in the bedroom with a HDMI cable.

Please give pros plus cons :Smile:

Peter_n_Margaret

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Funster No
MH
"C" class 4WD DIY
Exp
About 20 years
2000W is a huge inverter. Why so big?

Be very careful about running anything electronic via a MSW inverter.
Many don't like it and may let the smoke out.
PSW does not cost a lot extra these days.

Cheers,
Peter

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(45 watt consumption) will the drain on the batteries be high for say an evenings viewing?

About 5A. Plus the TVs.

You have 110Ah to play with.

Someone has already rightly cast doubt on the inverter. Pure sine wave is the good one for electronic goods.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Does a PC (22in HP all in one) ned a PSW inverter to work?

Thanks

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
From the description of your usage, a 300W PSW inverter would be ample - you might get away with a 200W. I use a 150W Sterling PSW inverter for charging things and running modest appliances. So long as you don't want to boil kettles, run microwaves or hairdryers, you have no need of anything as big as 2000W.
Have a look at this page - you could search around for better prices, but Sterling, Waeco and Victron are good brands.
https://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/product_list.aspx?prod=Sterling+12V+pure+sine-wave+inverters

Roadpro offer a 5% Funster discount - see the left hand vertical panel on the Fun home page.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Thats a very heavy usage as you would have lights on as well for the evening, my box is 12v the HDMI cable goes into a 12v maplin splitter and one out to the lounge TV and one to the bedroom, both pictures are brilliant, I also have both TV's plugged in with a coaxle cable to the roof arial so I can switch either or both to Freeview. I had a 1500w inverter plumbed in so that when switched on all the 240v plugs are live, just have to remember to turn the fridge/freezer to gas ( off auto )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back