Toad Insurance (1 Viewer)

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
This has probably been discussed before but I'm obviously not thinking of the right words for the search box.:Blush:
I plan to put my Aygo on a trailer and take it with me when we go travelling, I have asked my car insurers and they tell me the car is not covered for damage when it is on a trailer; my MH insurers tell me the trailer is covered but not the load.
I am sure one of you has come up with a sensible answer as I am surely not the first to run into this problem, I don't really want to change insurers if I can help it.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I first insured my Peugeot 107 with NFU who did cover fully comp when being towed but they were a bit expensive so this year have insured with AA who also confirmed fully comp when being towed.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have all three of my vehicles insured on the same policy with NFU .... They seem to know what they are talking about:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
oldfozzie
Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Not Sure

I first insured my Peugeot 107 with NFU who did cover fully comp when being towed but they were a bit expensive so this year have insured with AA who also confirmed fully comp when being towed.

When I asked the AA they told me the towed car was covered if at least 2 of the wheels were on the road, i.e. on a towing dolly or A-frame but not on a trailer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back