Today is the day!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
At last, after watching my signature count down for the last 3 months I finally finished work yesterday and am now officially "retired", life is too short to keep on working ::bigsmile:
What a brilliant way to start my big adventure with a weekend at Peterborough :thumb:
I'll be the one wandering around with a big grin on my face and probably a brandy and lemonade in one hand as evening arrives :ROFLMAO:
Just 2 weeks until we leave for the Eurotunnel and whatever adventures await the other side ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Congratulations"......:thumb:

Now the hard work begins... and the days are not long enough... :winky:::bigsmile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Congratulations, have a fantastic time. I have several years left until I can also be in this enviable position but I am definitely considering something along the same lines. Keep us updated with your travels ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Great news:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
great stuff, enjoy:thumb:

Im really really jelous, time gos by so slowly............

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It was always my plan to retire when I was 50. With only about 8 months to go it ain't going to happen now:Sad:

More like 75( God willing).:Doh:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
It was always my plan to retire when I was 50. With only about 8 months to go it ain't going to happen now:Sad:

More like 75( God willing).:Doh:

Don't worry, just adjust the goal post slightly and keep aiming. I have a funeral to go to next week for a work mate who was only 51. He was in the office when I went on holiday in March and when I came back I was told he was terminally ill. He died last Saturday, absolutely shocking the speed of it all. If I had any doubts about giving up my job before and going on this crazy adventure then I don't now. It's amazing how little money you actually need and there's always workaway and workx if funds dip! ::bigsmile:

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Congratulations and may your retirement be full of lovely travels. Enjoy. You will soon wonder when you had time to work.::bigsmile:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

As the recently retired Archbishop of Canterbury said to Wogan on his radio programme.

"Retirement. It's twice the fun on half the money":thumb:

And, do you know, he's not wrong. Enjoy.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
What a great way to start your retirement, :thumb: raise a glass this weekend please and the toast should be

........"here's good health to all those still working to help pay my pension"

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
What a great way to start your retirement, :thumb: raise a glass this weekend please and the toast should be

........"here's good health to all those still working to help pay my pension"

I might have to amend the toast slightly as I am too young to get a pension. Not sure if that warrants a smiley or a sad face :ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Congratulations Kerry. You see absolutely doing the right thing. Looking forward to meeting you at Peterborough. Even though we are only there for the day now can I still have my tour of Herman Jr?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I might have to amend the toast slightly as I am too young to get a pension. [HI]Not sure if that warrants a smiley or a sad face [/HI]:ROFLMAO:

"Sad" that you don't get a pension.........

....."Glad" the reason is you're still waaayy tooooo Young....:thumb:

I'm too young for my pension too, but not by much now.....

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
As pointed out above, your days will be so full you won't know how you ever found time to go to work!
I planned to retire at 55 and had the financial crash of 2008 not happened I would have done it.
However at 56 I had to retire anyway on ill health grounds. Bought a Motorhome 2 days later and never regretted it. Mind you, I have never driven it as my problem is with my eyesight. Gwen does an amazing job though piloting our 9metre van up and down Moroccan mountains, narrow streets in Marrakesh and on/off ferries. Great fun!

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
As pointed out above, your days will be so full you won't know how you ever found time to go to work!
I planned to retire at 55 and had the financial crash of 2008 not happened I would have done it.
However at 56 I had to retire anyway on ill health grounds. Bought a Motorhome 2 days later and never regretted it. Mind you, I have never driven it as my problem is with my eyesight. Gwen does an amazing job though piloting our 9metre van up and down Moroccan mountains, narrow streets in Marrakesh and on/off ferries. Great fun!

Gives me confidence to try driving ours once we get abroad, might need a big empty car park the first time :ROFLMAO:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Congratulations on your great day! Life really is too short to keep existing, planning for "one day" when we can start truly living & really enjoying life. We have watched so many loved ones fall ill & pass away in recent years with most regretting all the things they never got to do. This was the deciding factor for us in buying a motorhome last year & although still having to work (for now) we have just started on our new big plans...

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
At last, after watching my signature count down for the last 3 months I finally finished work yesterday and am now officially "retired", life is too short to keep on working ::bigsmile:
What a brilliant way to start my big adventure with a weekend at Peterborough :thumb:
I'll be the one wandering around with a big grin on my face and probably a brandy and lemonade in one hand as evening arrives :ROFLMAO:
Just 2 weeks until we leave for the Eurotunnel and whatever adventures await the other side ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Sounds like me just over a year ago, the brandy and lemonade, the mid life cycling in your avatar (although not at the same time:ROFLMAO:) and the big middle aged grin. We boarded the dover/calais ferry and have hardly been back since!
The very best of luck to you :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
It was always my plan to retire when I was 50[[HI].With only about 8 months to go it ain't going to happen now:Sad:

Same for me but I managed it last year @60 :thumb:

Congratulations Coolbeanz on your retirement :party2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back