pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all, I'm on the last few jobs now and the awning light has not worked since we bought the thing last year,its a 55 plate autotrail scout SE. I think the switch to the light is by the hab door on the right as you go in (see foto) the switch is working and has 12v in and out but I cant detect any volts at the light on any of the terminals. The only thing left to try is disconnect the light and remove from van and test from a known good 12v supply,bit drastic I know but I have a safari room with the van and intend using it a lot so not having a light is a real pain.

any suggestions before I rip it off the van :Smile:

peter

OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
oops

forgot foto

Attachments

• IMAG0471.jpg
    IMAG0471.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 37

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
On my autotrail, that switch lights leds over the hab door. The awning light switch is the aux button on the control unit over the hab door. I'm sure yours should be the same. Let me know and I'll get the cogs whirring. Lance :thumb:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On my autotrail, that switch lights leds over the hab door. The awning light switch is the aux button on the control unit over the hab door. I'm sure yours should be the same. Let me know and I'll get the cogs whirring. Lance :thumb:

I think I can see where this is going

Awning light fixed, thanks

Now what's wrong with my LED's :cry:

OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
light

ok, answers as follows. I haven't changed the bulb as I cant find a power supply to the light so I wont know if the bulb is toast until I have 12v on the light. the small switch above the larger one with the green LED switches the hab lights on over the door etc. I wondered about the AUX on the control panel but I cant get the red LED to illuminate when I press the AUX button but I have seen it lit previously so it does work (?) so I wonder if I need the AUX on plus the switch with the green LED as this doesn't seem to do anything else. Is there a secret way of getting the AUX on please ??

thanks again peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Presume you have turned the 12v on?
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I don't know if you have tried waiting when you switch it on? Our Autotrail has about an 8 second delay from when switched on to it actually turning on. We here a click and then it comes on.
Try it.

Trikeman. :winky:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
ok, answers as follows. I haven't changed the bulb as I cant find a power supply to the light so I wont know if the bulb is toast until I have 12v on the light. the small switch above the larger one with the green LED switches the hab lights on over the door etc. I wondered about the AUX on the control panel but I cant get the red LED to illuminate when I press the AUX button but I have seen it lit previously so it does work (?) so I wonder if I need the AUX on plus the switch with the green LED as this doesn't seem to do anything else. Is there a secret way of getting the AUX on please ??

thanks again peter

I think the large switch with the green light is for anti frost heater in the water tank and is only on when on EHU. That's what mine does on my Tracker :thumb:

OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
result

I think you're right, managed to get the AUX on today and surprise surprise cilla the bloody awning light works !! only thing I've messed with has been the event timer on the control panel over the hab door,set it to come on at 10.00 and off at 10.01 effectively off all the time. switched the panel on then the battery and the AUX came on too, I'm that thrilled I've left it on for a while (charging batteries from the house mains so wont do any harm) remains to be seen whether I've cured it or it's just messing with me.

peter ::bigsmile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
You seem to have to be sorted but just to sure

1 the top left swich (12volt power) needs to be on

2 the bottom right switch (aux) is for awining and needs to be on

you said let there be lght and there was ligbt

OP
OP
P

pete c

Free Member
Aug 13, 2013
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
awning skirt fixing

Well I've finally given up on fixing the awning light as the control unit doesn't want to play ball and I'm not forking out for a new one ! tomorrows job is to fix a C section awning rail down low on the van to allow for a skirt to be fitted and make the area as weatherproof as possible when the awning is up> I'm going to use sikaflex adhesive sealant instead of screws so has anybody tried this and are there any pitfalls to be wary of ?

thanks. peter :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
use tape to hold the channel steady and dont make the mistake of squeezing too much sikaflex out of the joint. works well provided the skirt panels are secure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back