Well you have to start somewhere! (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Hello to everyone
As the title suggests, we (that's me the missus, plus Alfie the dog) are just starting out and contemplating buying a MH in the not to distant future, so here I am doing a little research when I stumbled upon this website, it looks great and there is a lot to read so you may see a little more of me knocking about. We are off to Peterborough on Friday to have a look around, so here's looking at you.

Cheers Jackspeak :thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:welcomefunster:

You are in the right place to ask questions and get answers as well as a bit of good natured leg pulling.

Well worth the membership fee.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN the best site for any and all questions you may have and as others have said well worth the annual subscription of £10.00, but beware this site is addictive. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Welcome to Fun.

Best advice I was given here as a newbie to motor homing was to sit in lots of vans--sit and stand in shower/loo areas too, sit at the table, stretch your legs out.
There's such a wide range of layouts it can seem daunting but enjoy looking at as many as possible.
Have fun!

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hi & welcome
I have a sport & this dictated my choice & as the above poster mentioned try everything heck me & the misus went so far as pretending to have dinner, showers, setting up beds etc.
we set out with a criterea & had to decide on the comprimise for our set budget but we are well pleased with our chosen MH & it took months.............

good luck.

:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
If you have time on Friday come to the Fun compound and say hello!

But welcome anyway!

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hi and :welcome: to the FUN ::bigsmile:

Morrigan

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello.
Must be my mind going (or maybe long gone) but when I saw the title of your thread I had a picture of someone standing next to a rusty, three wheeled chassis and saying, "What do I need to restore this project?".
In my defence I know folk who are capable of buying a steering wheel and trying to build a car around it! :roflmto:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi & welcome
I have a sport & this dictated my choice & as the above poster mentioned try everything heck me & the misus went so far as pretending to have dinner, showers, setting up beds etc.
we set out with a criterea & had to decide on the comprimise for our set budget but we are well pleased with our chosen MH & [HI]it took months.[/HI]............

good luck.

:thumb:

Crikey Rob, you were impulsive, it took us three years!

Welcome to Fun Jackspeak, it's the best site for anything to do with Motorhoming :thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the house of fun.if you go to the show on fri keep a look out for funsters wearing their funster badges.stop and talk to us.we are allways up for a chat.good luck finding your van.:thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi & welcome. All the advice you will ever need is on this site.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

make good use of the search facility theres a wealth of knowledge and ask any questions someone somewhere will have an answer for you

OP
OP
Jackspeak
Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Peterborogh Show

Thanks to all you Funsters who welcomed us to this crazy website, our heads are still spinning after our day out and poor old Alfie (the dog) is so tired he won't wake up for a week, anyway we had fun and we have got a few ideas on which type of MH to go for, it's just the cost that's bothering me! hey ho!... 'England expects................'

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
it's just the cost that's bothering me!

Or as our neighbour said when we lent her some magazines (they were thinking of getting one when we said we'd ordered one) "I didn't realise dormobiles were so expensive." :ROFLMAO: No doubt my Dad will exclaim "Gosh, you could live in here!" like we did when we had the 7.5 tonner.....

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just seen a post elsewhere from you which brought me here. I was away when you joined but a belated Welcome from over the river.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back