The great grey water disposal thread... (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
No, this isn't aimed at the holier than thou water dumping brigade, but I did see this at Chester from so many vans and it made me and a couple of other funsters giggle...

This is the new brigade and trend of "I'm not really dumping my grey water brigade"

What I will describe as the "secret dumper"

No 1) the Funster that connects a pipe to the waste tank and then feeds it secretly under the van and thinks " no one can see my water being dropped as it's hidden"

No2) The trickle brigade.... The Funster that leaves the tap barely open so that it leaks out little by little bit by bit .....nice work guys....

Gave me a great chuckle::bigsmile:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No, this isn't aimed at the holier than thou water dumping brigade, but I did see this at Chester from so many vans and it made me and a couple of other funsters giggle...

This is the new brigade and trend of "I'm not really dumping my grey water brigade"

No 1) the Funster that connects a pipe to the waste tank and then feeds it secretly under the van and thinks " no one can see my water being dropped as it's hidden"

No2) The trickle brigade.... The Funster that leaves the tap barely open so that it leaks out little by little bit by bit .....nice work guys....

If you're referring to me, that wasn't grey water dripping, but black, and I got about 10 litres in the face between removing the cap and getting the macerator shoved on.

New blade valves are on the next plane from the USA...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Paul

Had to dribble otherwise a puddle right outside our door.

Martin

Edit, you should know that being a grey waste disposal "expert" .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp

Isn't that what your supposed to do? you will be telling me next that people store it in tanks:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Grey Waste

Hi Paul
I would like to remind you,that I always put a bucket under my grey waste pipe::Smile:
But but but what I didn't tell you was there's!!!!!

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY BUCKET
DEAR HAGGERS
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We normally lose our grey water in the early hours on the way back from Hagger's, Champer's or Pete and Sal's van!::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You can put me in the number one brigade
Having had it confirmed that we dump on the grass it was obvious to me that it was better dumped under the van rather than around it for squelchy feet
Hence the pipe under :thumb:
Nothing covert just brains at work

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi Paul

Had to dribble otherwise a puddle right outside our door.

Martin

Edit, you should know that being a grey waste disposal "expert" .

Ha ha Martin, I thought you were watering the grass step you own :ROFLMAO:

You can put me in the number one brigade
Having had it confirmed that we dump on the grass it was obvious to me that it was better dumped under the van rather than around it for squelchy feet
Hence the pipe under :thumb:
Nothing covert just brains at work

Covert dumper :winky: if you had a decent BBQ and some flashing lights squelchy feet wouldn't bother ya :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

No2) The trickle brigade.... The Funster that leaves the tap barely open so that it leaks out little by little bit by bit

As usual, you completely miss the point.

What they were doing is making the ground wet in the hope they would electrocute those ever so nice FUNsters contravening regulations, deafening everyone, by running noisy generators.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
There were lots of quiet considerate generators :thumb:
Just one noise from hell which became obvious by everyone finding another parking place, a great way to endear people not.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dribbling is not a problem....

Just wear "
Black" trousers...

And it does not show.... :thumb:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I drain mine in to a large camelback which I have hoses attached to that run down my legs. I walk about sites looking like an extra from the great escape but never have to drive over a waste point...............

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As usual, you completely miss the point.

What they were doing is making the ground wet in the hope they would electrocute those ever so nice FUNsters contravening regulations, deafening everyone, by running noisy generators.

Wet ground=better earthing.

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Love a grey waste thread. Excellent way to save councils money by washing the roads for them as we drive along dripping as we go...... All praise the drippy ones......

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
judging by the oil and crud filled crap I saw gushing from the storm drains into the river Don recently, any little funster greywater dribble is not exactly a big deal :thumb:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not sure how serious this thread is, knowing Paul now for only a few minutes I would guess not, but....

Grey water dumped onto a grass field, like we had at Chester, is just about the ideal dropping area, possibly even better than a sewer, but...

Please close your valve before driving off site, where people are walking alongside you on a hard surface, I got wet legs coming back onto site from a MH, good old funster name plates mean I know who it was, but that does not help me, or far worse members of the public visiting Chester who have the misfortune to be waiting to cross the road just as the dregs come spewing out as you go round a corner right next to them

Like most issues, most things can be resolved and better still avoided with a squidge of consideration

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
A No2 here. The dump valve does not quite seal so just dribbles. Maybe I'll get around to fixing it......then again maybe not::bigsmile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
A No2 here. [HI]The dump valve does not quite seal so just dribbles.[/HI] Maybe I'll get around to fixing it......then again maybe not::bigsmile:

Sounds familiar, my dump valve opens ok, but does not always seal, so I might need a few hospital visits to fix my dribbles.......:whatthe:

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Well, I have sorted both the grey and black waste problems for ever and into the bargain also no longer have to keep topping up the fresh water ..........

..............Yes, since on Jim's recommendation, I fitted a Nature Pure Filter and we now recycle all our waste water:thumb:
:winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well, I have sorted both the grey and black waste problems for ever and into the bargain also no longer have to keep topping up the fresh water ..........

..............Yes, since on Jim's recommendation, I fitted a Nature Pure Filter and we now recycle all our waste water:thumb:
:winky:

Mmmmmm I am not sure that is what Jim ment:RollEyes::winky::winky: but if works for go for it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

..............Yes, since on Jim's recommendation, I fitted a Nature Pure Filter and we now recycle all our waste water:thumb::winky:

Good luck with the peanuts and sweetcorn :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Not sure how serious this thread is, knowing Paul now for only a few minutes I would guess not, but....

Grey water dumped onto a grass field, like we had at Chester, is just about the ideal dropping area, possibly even better than a sewer, but...

Please close your valve before driving off site, where people are walking alongside you on a hard surface, I got wet legs coming back onto site from a MH, good old funster name plates mean I know who it was, but that does not help me, or far worse members of the public visiting Chester who have the misfortune to be waiting to cross the road just as the dregs come spewing out as you go round a corner right next to them

Like most issues, most things can be resolved and better still avoided with a [HI]squidge of consideration[/HI]

Sounds apposite.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Like most issues, most things can be resolved and better still avoided with a squidge of consideration

Maybe David the funster was being considerate ? Having seen your dirty shoes he was merely attempting to wash them for you? Now I bet you never thought you would get that service for just a tenner

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back