trip to Turkey (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
the title says it all, my sister and hubby have moved to Izmir in Turkey and we are thing of visiting them.
Been checking out ferry crossings between Italy and Greece and beyond and the prices in my opinion is ridiculous !!
We have driven to Slovenia, Croatia and down into the northern part of Fc Macedonia so almost but not quite to Greece.
Have no worries of driving all the way but, will avoid going via Istanbul instead going via Gallipoli and Canakkale then onto Izmir.
We are heading there the third week of August and returning in October sometime.
have checked out posts on other forums and have an idea of our route there and back, also have saved various Poi's re stopovers , campsites and various wild camping locations,
but you can never have enough info !!
So if you have any input/advise it would be much appreciated.
I thank you in advance. :Smile::Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I think you need to contact funster Don Madge - he knows a lot about motorhoming in Turkey...

Peter_n_Margaret

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Funster No
MH
"C" class 4WD DIY
Exp
About 20 years
We spent 10 weeks in Turkey in 2013.
It is a stunning motorhome destination.
If you are into free camping you will have no trouble finding spots away from the main tourist areas.

Broken Link Removed
We came in via Hungary and Bulgaria and left via northern Greece, Albania, Montenegro etc.

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can't help you but it sounds like an amazing trip. Can you do a blog / travel log please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

heyholetsgo

Free Member
Mar 24, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Turkey 2015

I would be most interested in hearing how you get on going to Turkey as we are considering visiting Gallipoli for 100 year anniversary next April. I agree the ferry prices are very high and as we have time I would like to make a slow journey. Please post details of what you decide and how you get on.
Maria:thumb:

simontheturk

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Funster No
done turkey afew times,great for wild camping,just park up....going again 10thmay,taking in 19 european countries first,then down to turkey,planned a couple of months in europe then four months in turkey,and back in october...cant wait
either go through italy and do a camping on board ferry to igomenitsa,greece,then turkey through ipsala border...or land route through bulgaria or montenegro

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back