Run flat tyres for motorhomes. (1 Viewer)

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I have a Swift motorhome that came with no spare wheel. I am looking at run flat tyres. Does anyone used them are they as good as they say they are. What are the Pro,s and Con,s

Ollie

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
I have a Swift motorhome that came with no spare wheel. I am looking at run flat tyres. Does anyone used them are they as good as they say they are. What are the Pro,s and Con,s

Ollie

I have them on my car, they are a nice saftey feature but I think they are written off post puncture a lot more often than standard tyres. So I suppose could work out more expensive.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

Ollie

hi Ollie,as far as i am aware there isnt a tyre manufacturer that makes run flat tyres for motorhomes.
brian

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Have you considered Tyron bands?

hi taran,i think Ollie is talking about a tyre that you can actually run on when totally flat,the likes of which are fitted to to some BMW models and also some toyota rav4,s.tyron bands are a good idea from a safety point of view because in the event of total deflation on the road the band prevents the beads of the tyre falling into the well of the wheel and thus helping the vechicle to travel in a straight line until you can bring it to a safe halt but you cannot run on when the tyre is flat.
brian

Last edited:
OP
OP
OllieUK

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for your replys.. It is the Tyrone Bands I am interested in... just cant see where they are priced. with the monitor.

Ollie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back