Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've had a load of grief this weekend about the Good Friday Subs deal with Funsters telling me they did not see it as they were rallying and not looking at the forum. It was £25 for 3 years, £60 for 10 years and £100 for 100 years (Life Member) So I will repeat the offer again tomorrow Easter Monday only.

I should say that over 40 funsters took advantage of the offer on Friday and it's really encouraging to see when so many people have such faith in motorhomefun to commit for membership so far in the future:thumb: Thanks

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
These are 3 fantastic offers and there is no guarantee that they will ever be repeated, so if you can afford it, go for it.

Looking forward to my life membership even though I wont live until Im 150 years old :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Could you add another option Jim?

£5 000 for 5 years membership with access to a non-genny area!:ROFLMAO:

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
A great offer and I would haved liked to take up the 10 year offer. But sadly the only payment method offer was by PayPal, a company I refuse to deal with.
So my standing order to transfer £10 directly from my bank account to Jim's on the 2nd of May each year will remain in place.

Good luck to those who feel able to take up Jim's offer.

Gordon

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
A great offer and I would haved liked to take up the 10 year offer. But sadly the only payment method offer was by PayPal, a company I refuse to deal with.
So my standing order to transfer £10 directly from my bank account to Jim's on the 2nd of May each year will remain in place.

Good luck to those who feel able to take up Jim's offer.

Gordon

You may be able to pay by cheque or make a one of payment straight into the bank account - send Jim a PM I am sure he will try to organise something for you

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
You may be able to pay by cheque or make a one of payment straight into the bank account - send Jim a PM I am sure he will try to organise something for you

Jim send me a PM to say I could use other methods so I have transfered £60 to Jim's bank account for ten year's subs.

Many thanks to Jim.

Gordon, currently shopping at Cite Europe Calais, before taking an early morning trip back thorough the tunnel.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So I will repeat the offer again tomorrow Easter Monday only.

Yeh right, we've all seen the DFS adverts.

How about the 4 years free credit ?

Last edited by a moderator:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But sadly the only payment method offer was by PayPal, a company I refuse to deal with.
Gordon

When PP first started I got hacked. They refunded the loss immediately and I closed the account and said "never deal with them again".

A couple of years later I re-opened the account and since then I have had great service from them. I have a load of ear-ache from 'er indoors but can't blame that on them.

The whole system is pretty slick, very easy to check the account ( she insists ) so I'm a happy bunny.

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
only 3years here i think it is going to cost me a lot getting more security for the van this month

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
only 3years here i think it is going to cost me a lot getting more security for the van this month

The value for money here on fun is excellent.

With discounts given by traders, discount off insurance and reduced show fees even if you spent the £100 to become a life member it wouldnt take you very long to get it back in kind.

Fun has saved us an absolute fortune, not only in the various discounts but through the expertise and help from funsters that have helped us avoid buying scam vehicles etc.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Without doubt, but have you seen what a good time they have on those couches and never a genny within earshot.

I wonder how much better a time they have when the lights go out because the electricity fails through lack of a genny? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Jim, not that I'm suggesting you would DO this of course but ...

What would happen if you for some reason 'sold' the site? I know you were approached recently but declined, however, in the future you may find that this is the only option open to you if your circumstances change and/or you are unable to look after it yourself (I know just how much time this sort of thing takes!), so the question really is:

How do you propose to 'safeguard' those who've paid in advance from any future change of ownership so that they continue to be 3 / 10 / life members? ::bigsmile:

Oh, don't know if anyone else has told you but apparently it costs £60 for £10 years! :Blush:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Not expecting it applies to Jim, but the last time I took up an offer of extra years at a reduced rate (for motorhome storage), the chap became bankrupt a few weeks after I paid so lost my money.
I shall stick to £10 a year, that's good enough value for me.:thumb:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Jim, would like to do the three year membership but as you know i usually renew over the phone or at the meets SOOOOOOO can we have the special offer today and give you our £25 at Petersbourough please:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Last edited:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Stuck with us for 10 years also.:beer:
Life's a risk, Jim does not seem to be a chancer to me. Just need to tell those who keep ringing me to do work, and family child sitting, that I am not available (unless they can come with us, which we dont mind at all).
Let's also hope our health holds out, which is probably a bigger risk than Jim doing a runner.:pray:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Stuck with us for 10 years also.:beer:
Life's a risk, Jim does not seem to be a chancer to me. Just need to tell those who keep ringing me to do work, and family child sitting, that I am not available (unless they can come with us, which we dont mind at all).
Let's also hope our health holds out, which is probably a bigger risk than Jim doing a runner.:pray:

I don't think anyone has suggested that Jim is doing anything that could be construed as other than totally above board, however, circumstances change and, taking into account what happened with other forums, it doesn't hurt to ask what safeguards there are for those who have paid especially for 'life membership' if ownership of the site changes.

I am certainly interested in taking out one of the options but depending on what the answer to the above query is, I'll then make my decision .... so come on Jim put my mind at rest! ::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What can I say. Our intentions are to build Motorhome Fun into the UK's no 1 Motorhome Club. In ten years we would hope to be bigger and more proactive than the MCC.

Right now, we've just incurred expenses for this rally season, a dozen new banners, 50,000 flyers and other promotional stuff, I also need the brakes overhauled on the trailer The Subs offers is to get some subs in now to cover those costs. And most definitely not like the half price offers made on another forum, to get as much out as possible, knowing it was to be sold. :Eeek:

In 10 years, subs may well go up twice, so you may save money, I might drop dead tomorrow you could lose money. The decision is yours to make,:roflmto: The offer runs out at midnight:thumb:

dj motormouth

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
RV A Class
Exp
since 2011
Will there be a similar deal for RVOC members.

And what about those that follow both paths (blessed be the motordriven traveller).

Michael

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
What can I say. Our intentions are to build Motorhome Fun into the UK's no 1 Motorhome Club. In ten years we would hope to be bigger and more proactive than the MCC.

Right now, we've just incurred expenses for this rally season, a dozen new banners, 50,000 flyers and other promotional stuff, I also need the brakes overhauled on the trailer The Subs offers is to get some subs in now to cover those costs. And most definitely not like the half price offers made on another forum, to get as much out as possible, knowing it was to be sold. :Eeek:

In 10 years, subs may well go up twice, so you may save money, I might drop dead tomorrow you could lose money. The decision is yours to make,:roflmto: The offer runs out at midnight:thumb:

You are NOT dropping dead tomorrow and it is far likely I will be dead long before you !!!!!

SO DONT GO THERE

and we all know that JIM doesnt DARE sell the site to anyone but the most ardent of funsters because that way he knows jolly well that the site will be loved and cared for into the 3000s years wise.

ps jim you have a pm :)

and as for value for money these days how many other sites can you list where the subs cost you far less than you recoup each year

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
To all those those who took advantage of the Easter Deal and bought some subs in advance, thank you. Over the next few days I will go through them all and make sure the years are properly added to your subs. To our few new life members I will be adjusting your profile accordingly::bigsmile:. Thanks again:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back