LPG avaliablity in Ireland and the Republic (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Her ladyship has been reading CC mags or similar and has announced its not easy to find garages where we can top up our Alugas system. Anyone have any experience and can put her mind at rest. We are attending the MCC national and taking advantage of the Stena ferry deal so will be over there for a month. :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We were there last year for 5 weeks and whilst you can get it, there certainly are not the number of outlets there used to be. On one occasion we went to get some and although they did stock it, the pump was out of action but fortunately there was another garage with it not too far away and they kindly rang for us to make sure the pump was working before we went, on another it didn't sell it any more and chatting to the chap we were told that less and less are doing it as it just isn't popular over there for vehicles.

It might be an idea to get a list of outlets in the areas you're planning on going to visit and to contact them to see if they still stock it. Also, wen you are there, if you pass somewhere that definitely sells it, then take the opportunity to top up so you don't get low, that's what we did and didn't worry about it as we knew we had a good amount in the bottle.

Also, as an aside, you might want to pop into Tesco and see if they still sell their cheap sim (99c) which allows you to make calls back to the UK very, very, very cheaply! Due to major problems with my mum and brother having a major falling out (amongst other things!) on my normal mobile phones I got through over £20 in one night! But by buying the Tesco sim I was able to top it up with €10 and got €20 of, credit as it had a 'double up' offer on and the calls only cost 1c a minute ... yes that's right ... 1c a minute to the UK so I could ring home and make sure everything was okay without worrying about racking up a big bill! :thumb:

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/index.aspx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back