LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
some scumbag :Angry: has tried to brake into our motorhome last night,bugged up the hab door lock:Angry:,it is now jammed unable to open with key so hopefully there will be a trader at peterborough with door locks(john cross):RollEyes: any way back to fixing door. they did not gain entry to our m/h.will now watch what i do with hammer:Angry:
Bill

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Sorry to hear about the attempted break in mate, good to see they never nicked it, but they may try again,,, hope you have a good alarm and 2nd derry immobiliser fitted, if not suggest you get both before its to late, I had no alarm on my m/h when I bought it so had strike back alarm fitted straight away. Best of luck Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sorry to hear of the damage---- glad they didn't get in tho.

I'm beginning to think I'll have to up the security once I'm not living in mine full time. At the moment I have the Holly factor but can't expect her to stay in it on her own!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Having already had a van stolen, I take every precaution now. My favourite security anti-van theft device, is a heavy lock through the metal seat base, with the drivers seat facing into the van. A cheap idea, easy for me to remove but exceedingly difficult for a thief without an angle grinder.

Alan

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thanks all for your replies have phoned Johns cross (Dan) and emailed photos
Bill

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck. I hate thieving tw*ts!:Angry:

They don't give a damn about the damage they cause and the time and money it takes to rectify.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
lock

Having already had a van stolen, I take every precaution now. My favourite security anti-van theft device, is a heavy lock through the metal seat base, with the drivers seat facing into the van. A cheap idea, easy for me to remove but exceedingly difficult for a thief without an angle grinder.

Alan

What a first class idea and a great tip thank you very much

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My car has no keyholes in the doors (there is a hidden one for emergencies) and this strikes me as a good security feature, as when a previous vehicle was broken into they attempted to force the lock with a screwdriver. This was unsuccessful and so they broke a window.
The point was that the lock replacement cost a lot more than the broken window did to put right.
On my MH the 'drivers door' (which is actually on the passenger side) has no keyhole, but the hab door has. I wondered about gluing a metal disc over the keyhole so it would look like there was no keyhole there either. I would know there was one so in an emergency (like flat batteries) I could still prize it off and use a key if necessary.
Any thoughts. Like the idea with the seat.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We have been told that the door locks on our Talbot Express are particularly vulnerable. Although we have electronic deadlocks fitted to both cab doors, there is nothing visible to let would-be burglars know that the deadlocks are there. We solve this problem by fitting a bright orange 15ft ratchet strap (bought on eBay for just over a fiver) through the interior door pulls. This holds both doors fixed firmly shut and is a noticeable deterrent - even at night - so we sleep securely. In daylight a burglar could still smash a cab window and either cut through the straps or climb through the window but, hopefully, he would prefer to move on to an easier target.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back