Texting from your PC (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi been playing with "Red Oxygen" software which allows you to text from your PC, you get a free trial of 25 texts and it seems very easy, especially being able to use the keyboard. Normally I just don't text, can't be bothered to fight my way around a mobile phone keypad.

Its not cheap compared to a mobile through, 10p to send 10p to receive and double that if you are abroad, anybody use any other software to do this?

Email SMS, Outlook SMS, Bulk SMS and SMS Gateway

Olley

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi been playing with "Red Oxygen" software which allows you to text from your PC, you get a free trial of 25 texts and it seems very easy, especially being able to use the keyboard. Normally I just don't text, can't be bothered to fight my way around a mobile phone keypad.

Its not cheap compared to a mobile through, 10p to send 10p to receive and double that if you are abroad, anybody use any other software to do this?

Email SMS, Outlook SMS, Bulk SMS and SMS Gateway

Olley

Ian I joined a similar system and the people receiving the text had to pay to.

Any idea if its the same on this system?

Takes me hours to text:RollEyes:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John I don't know, had a look on the website and it makes no mention of this, but I suppose it wouldn't do would it. :winky:

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phoenix

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Olley,
When using my laptop with the T-Mobile 'Dongle' I can text, email and surf the net with the benefit of a full size keyboard and mouse:thumb:. Therefore no need to use my PC for texting::bigsmile:.
Chris

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Olley,

T-mobile and O2 both allow me to log on to my user account at the respective portals and send texts from there. O2 is currently free and I seem to remember that T-mobile requre you to have a certain tarriff but I may be wrong.

HTH

Bryan

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I can also connect my windows ce based mobile phone to my windows pc. Run a remote desktop type app on my pc which gives me control of my phone and the use my mouse and keyboard on the remote device.

A benefit of doing it this way is that I can also use the PC keyboard and mouse for entering contacts etc. Another plus is that as it is texting through the phone the messages are stored on the phone.

HTH
Bryan

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I can also connect my windows ce based mobile phone to my windows pc. Run a remote desktop type app on my pc which gives me control of my phone and the use my mouse and keyboard on the remote device.

A benefit of doing it this way is that I can also use the PC keyboard and mouse for entering contacts etc. Another plus is that as it is texting through the phone the messages are stored on the phone.

HTH
Bryan

:Cool: I used to do this when we first went Moble using a basic Nokia 5110 and the Nokia Data suite. Cost a fortune which now comes with most Nokia's free. :Eeek:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Olley,

I seem to remember that T-mobile requre you to have a certain tarriff but I may be wrong.

HTH

Bryan

You are! Wrong that is! We keep just topping up the account! ::bigsmile:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
You are! Wrong that is! We keep just topping up the account! ::bigsmile:

I know it's pay as you go...but I'm sure it's on a 'text' tarriff as opposed to a 'talk' tarrif....

So am I STILL wrong???? :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Behave you two or I wll report you to admin, :Doh:
Geo (Mustafa Fag) new Morocan name:thumb: