Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Having just returned from our maiden voyage in our 2006, Autotrail Tracker SE we are delighted with the experience and look forward to many such ventures.

Our only minor niggle was that the waste water indicator stayed showing 0% for the whole of our three days away despite going through a full tank of fresh water, most of which would have ended up in the grey waste. Is this likely to be a failed sensor? I am reasonably competent mechanically so would be happy to try and replace it myself if possible but don't actually know where the tank is...

And while I have your rapt attention, could anyone enlighten me as to the whereabouts of the external awning light switch? Hunted high and low but can't find it...
Many thanks, Jerry.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Canna help with the switch but the grey tank indicator would proly, as you guessed, be a failed sender unit.

A lot of them are simply a series of reed switches in a sealed tube.
The tube has a magnet set in a plastic ring around it that simply floats up which activates the various reed switches.
Lost count of the number I have fixed over the past 7 or 8 years !

Also, pretty common, is the float thing simply getting stuck ( whish is a reet pain in the bum sometimes :Angry: )

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Our only minor niggle was that the waste water indicator stayed showing 0% for the whole of our three days away despite going through a full tank of fresh water, most of which would have ended up in the grey waste. Is this likely to be a failed sensor? I am reasonably competent mechanically so would be happy to try and replace it myself if possible but don't actually know where the tank is...

Waste water indicators are notoriously unreliable. Mine used to set off an alarm telling me the waste tank was nearly full - at random moments, even when the waste valve was open and the tank was empty! :RollEyes: So I just disconnected it.

And while I have your rapt attention, could anyone enlighten me as to the whereabouts of the external awning light switch? Hunted high and low but can't find it...

Don't know your particular van but awning light switches are quite often incorporated into the control panel, which is often located by the hab door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Waste sensors on mine are useless too. I have had them cleaned twice, a week later, they give false readings.
I have disconnected them and make sure I empty the tank every time I fill up with fresh water.
Allan

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Close the grey water valve.

Buy a bottle of Kilrock, pour half down the MH sink drain.

Run all the taps until you see water in the shower tray.

Leave overnight.

Works every time :thumb:

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The grey tank sensor on the autotrail only shows 0 or 100% nothing in between. According to the book.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I think awning light switch is on cotroll panel marked AUX

We have the same van and what Golly said is correct.
We also have the same problem with the waste indicator. It has never worked properly. I even took it back to the dealer and they said it was fixed but it was still the same. Don't bother with it anymore as we know roughly how much is in there most of the time. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back