Chausson Delivery. new motorhome (1 Viewer)

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Not sure if this in correct category. We ordered a new Chausson at NEC in October 2013 expected delivery end March, this was delayed until end of April. We have just been told today by our midlands dealer that there is a problem with a component and delivery will be end of May, mid June at earliest. The dealer has taken our part ex. and sold it. We allowed this as Pete had heart surgery Dec. and we knew we could not use it for 6 months. We have spoken to Elite motorhomes who tell us that they are not aware of any problems with delivery. Just wondered if any one else is waiting delivery of a Chausson. The dealer is holding most of the money for our new home and we have only about another 5k to pay.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
At the very least, you should demand interest on the money of yours that they are holding.

Or ask for it back and you will pay when they deliver.

And, perhaps, it technically wasn't theirs to sell ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sorry to sound alarmist, but this has a smell of a dealer in financial trouble about it. your old van now sold and they have the money but not fulfilling the contract to deliver on time. if the dealer goes tits up, you are just another one of many creditors, way down the list after the tax man etc

at the very least get a written assurance that your money is secure and that you own the van ordered. at this point in the yearly build calendar, stating that a part is on back order is BS

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Some legal advice here..

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

If you agreed a delivery date

If you have been given a date for delivery, the trader must deliver your goods by that date. If they don't, the trader has broken their agreement with you and you may be entitled to ask for compensation.
If the delivery date was important, you could argue that time was of the essence. This is a legal term. Time is of the essence if:

• it's clear from your agreement that it is essential that the agreed date is met - for example, where an order for a car says it must be delivered by a certain date as you're using it to go on a holiday you've booked
  • it's obvious from the situation that the date was crucial - for example, where a wedding dress is ordered and the trader is told the date of the wedding at the time of the order.
If time is of the essence and the delivery date is not met, you can either:

• refuse to accept the goods and claim your money back, or
  • agree a new delivery date and negotiate for a discount as compensation.
If time was not of the essence in your agreement, you can arrange a new delivery date making time of the essence.

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If another Chauson dealer says there is not a problem, better safe than sorry.

As it is now well overdue and possibly another two months away, ask them to put your funds in an escrow clients account which cannot be touched until your purchase is delivered and completed to your satisfaction.

They will not have have to pay for your van until it is ready for delivery to them and then it could easily go onto their stocking plan.

Peter

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Who's the dealer?
Sound familier? Broken Link Removed

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Here are the contact details for Chausson:

Camping-cars Chausson
CS 69003
07302 TOURNON SUR RHONE CEDEX
FRANCE
Tél. (33) 04 75 07 55 00

or there is an on-line contact form:

http://www.chausson-motorhomes.com/contact-us/

You could ensure the motorhome HAS been ordered and the delivery status. Once you know the status please update us.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Quite right 'puddle duck', I kept emailing Burstner to get updates on the status of our van, the finances, and also when it left their compound.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Last Nov we ordered a best of Flash 10 with an agree delivery date of 1st April from a dealer on Tyneside.

Phoning up couple of weeks before that date we were told there was a delay due to Chausson running out of upholstery material. We were told it would be in the Country on 19th April.

We got a call on Sat 5th April to say the MH has arrived in UK, we were given the chassis number to arrange insurance and all the paperwork is now with DVLA to sort numberplate etc.

So I think Chausson was taken by surprise with the amount of orders they got for Best of series and this has caused some manufacturing delays.

Hopefully we'll get our van in the next week or so. But looking at the replacement for the Flash 10 which is the 510, I can't see any difference apart from 510 is on a Fiat chassis, but the asking price for the 510 is at least three thousand pounds more than the Flash 10. So glad we ordered when we did.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
So I think Chausson was taken by surprise with the amount of orders they got for Best of series and this has caused some manufacturing delays.

There was still a "Best of 4" at Knowepark a couple of weeks ago and a nearly new "Best of 10" at Tyne Valley. They may still be available but I don't know.

It was a flip of the coin between the "Wecome WS" and "Best of 4" when we bought ours, we went of the Welcome as we preferred the interior woodwork colours.

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Ibe seen a few posts that mention registration of the vehicle takes some time, i spoke to our dealer yesterday, and he told me registration is all done by post and takes no time at all, we will recieve our reg docs through the post, is this correct?
Its a british one, by the way

Last edited:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Easy girl yes you receive the documents and tax disc through the post i haven't got a tax disk yet for mine and as long as the forms have been sent with proof off post you can drive i think it is about 10 days without tax disk i did ring the DVLA

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Awaiting delivery of Chausson

If another Chauson dealer says there is not a problem, better safe than sorry.

As it is now well overdue and possibly another two months away, ask them to put your funds in an escrow clients account which cannot be touched until your purchase is delivered and completed to your satisfaction.

They will not have have to pay for your van until it is ready for delivery to them and then it could easily go onto their stocking plan.

Peter
Thank you for advice we will do that, the difficulty in asking for our money back and going elsewhere is that, they took our van in part ex, and sold it very quickly, with our permission as we knew we would not be able to use it. Obviously the price we would have been given if we had just sold it to them would be I would think a lot lower, would we be entitled to received the trade in price plus our cash deposit as we would need that price to go elsewhere.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thank you for advice we will do that, the difficulty in asking for our money back and going elsewhere is that, they took our van in part ex, and sold it very quickly, with our permission as we knew we would not be able to use it. Obviously the price we would have been given if we had just sold it to them would be I would think a lot lower, would we be entitled to received the trade in price plus our cash deposit as we would need that price to go elsewhere.

You should be entitled to the agreed part exchange price plus any payment you have made, the p/x price is your money towards the purchase.

Peter

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Delivery of new Chasson

Just to update everyone who kindly replied to our last post.
We have today received confirmation direct from Chasson that it is their fault that there is a delay in delivery of our new motorhome, not the dealer who is Hayes Leisure of Darleston, who placed the order on time, and we got our daughter to check our their credit standing which is excellent. It does not change the fact that we will be unable to go away in May and June as planned, the best time with the light nights to go away in a motorhome. This was to
be part of Peter's recovery following complications after Heart surgery We usually try to avoid July and August with every thing generally being more crowded and more expensive. Hayes did offer to lend us a motorhome, but don't have an automatic, and as I will be doing most of the driving, I feel more comfortable with automatic. We are not impressed at all with Chausson, they seem to grab the orders, but at present are not fulfilling their obligations. I feel quite justified by putting this on the forum, as they need to pull their socks up, but I get the feeling they just don't care. We have always brought German before and have always been impressed by the efficiency.
Peter and Glynis

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Thanks for the update. Good to praise and blame as and when it is due.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Hayes lesiure are a very old established dealer with a good reputation, I hope you get it resolved quickly

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
And when the mh arrives in UK then you have the fun of waiting for dvla to register it more fun.

Yes, 8 working days and counting so far, not even on their system yet.:Sad::Sad::Sad:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Trigano are obviously waiting for an automatic chassis cab.

Does the fault lay with them or their supplier? Not many customers have automatics and Fiat might not build a one-off chassis for Trigano at the same unit cost of a bulk order.
Buying a single chassis cab from Fiat, just for you, could wipe out Trigano's profit margin on that van. I dont blame Trigano if they ordered your automatic chassis as part of a bulk order.
Lean manufacturing processes have allowed manufacturers to survive the resession, unfortunately it means buffer stocks of components are low and unusual orders will always result in long lead times.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Of course, another factor is that a new facelifted Ducato is about to be launched.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back