Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
been down the motorhome to go away for this weekend, habitation door has been ripped of and all internal cab blinds removed, at least £2000 of damage just to nick the cab blinds what are some people on ? will now have to cancel Peterborough as well

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sorry to read this....:Sad:

Makes my bloody blood boil... ba$tard toe rags...
:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Very sorry to read your news.

Hope your insurance company treats you as well as ours treated us and that you're back on the road quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Sorry to hear that. These low lifes just don't care how much we put into buying our vans and how much pride we take in them. I assume it was stored somewhere from the wording? :Angry:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Sorry to hear your news. We had a caravan stolen a few years ago so can sympathise.:Angry::Angry:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
So sorry to read this.The only GOOD thing about Sharia law is I believe they can cut off the hands of thieves,scumbags :Doh:
Hope you get it all sorted under insurance quickly.

OP
OP
oldmanriver

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
motorhome stored in a recognised storage facility in Rochester kent owners of storage yard arnt interested, on the phone to the police for 45 mins. they arnt even going to come and have a look

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
motorhome stored in a recognised storage facility in Rochester kent owners of storage yard arnt interested, on the phone to the police for 45 mins. they arnt even going to come and have a look

You would think that if you had it in storage it would be looked after. I am sure you can get the owners interested by letting them know you intend to sue them for the damage plus losses for your cancelled plans.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
been down the motorhome to go away for this weekend, habitation door has been ripped of and all internal cab blinds removed, at least £2000 of damage just to nick the cab blinds what are some people on ? will now have to cancel Peterborough as well

I hope they rot in hell and bad things happen to ALL their family............ Twats.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
by paying for storage you are entering into a contract with the facility that they will take all reasonable care to protect your property. They need reminding of this and the very least you are due from them is a refund of any payments plus consequential loss. the damage will be covered by your insurance, less your excess

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Keep an eye out for them on sale on Gumtree, freeads & fleabay etc. :Sad:

Friend had his lawnmower stolen from his shed, police not interested (too busy hiding in laybys trying to catch motorists)! Two weeks later he spotted it for sale in freeads, popped round to view it with his motorcycling mates :winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Very sorry to hear that, why not give Glenn a ring on 01-580-883061 and have a chat to him and see how quickly he can get you back on the road.

We are Swift dealers and aproved insurance repairers so parts etc should hopefully not be a problem.

Good luck

Peter

lucylocket

Free Member
May 18, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI
Exp
1 year
Storage

Put it all over the local facebook page and see what happens then!
You would think that if you had it in storage it would be looked after. I am sure you can get the owners interested by letting them know you intend to sue them for the damage plus losses for your cancelled plans.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Is it not possible that another owner who has a motorhome on the storage site fancied some cab blinds for his Ducato?

Only a thought.........

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
re break in

Sorry to hear his, Where are you parking in Rochester, is it Medway Bridge Marina? Cassoa Gold Rating?:Sad:

OP
OP
oldmanriver

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
yes its medway bridge marina, its caSSOA gold site, floodlights don't work,cctv cameras only cover gate not the perimeter fencing, and at £500 A YEAR pretty crap

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
yes its medway bridge marina, its caSSOA gold site, floodlights don't work,cctv cameras only cover gate not the perimeter fencing, and at £500 A YEAR pretty crap

So, the chances are the culprit was authorised to be there. I still think its another owner sad to say.......:Angry:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Really sorry to hear about this, hope your back on the road ASAP .
Dave

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks like caSSOA sites are a waste of time. Storage facilities only need a basic level of security to become accredited, and in the OP's case, it doesn't look as if they even had that!

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Is it not possible that another owner who has a motorhome on the storage site fancied some cab blinds for his Ducato?

Only a thought.........

Look at a local older MH that was normally fitted with pull around curtains and ask politely .
If the owner does not know you ,he may spill the beans and say ,"found them cheap on ebay" -- I never seen any yet .:whatthe:

OP
OP
oldmanriver

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
I have now received my "track my crime" number from kent police only to find the crime was resolved within 12 hours,so with no police contact no police visit no return of stolen goods no resolve to smashed in habitation door, crime is resolved, is this what they call crime figure adjustment ?

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Re loss

I am also on the same compound at Rochester, having seen the first post I naturally went down to check my MH. Half the staff including management were not aware of the incident! I checked the perimeter fence (palisade fencing) to find it had been cut through three bays down, they were not aware ! I then offered to bring down some fence section to repair the damaged rail. Four days later it remains insecure, Today I will go down with the fence and fix it, (and charge them) When questioned yesterday the office told me they had no one available., strange because there were two bodies idle in the office. What planet are they on!

As previously noted there is a duty of care on Medway Bridge to provide
a decent level of security. It is no good having electronic gates in the main road if the thieving bas....ds can come and go through the fence as they please..

So much for CASSOA.:Angry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err, did you actually ever check with CASSOA that they ARE Gold? - or even Members of CASSOA? or just taking them at their word ....

I remember well that iffy tour operators used to advertise with an invented ABTA/ATOL number, and it turned out they were nothing of the kind so you had no protection when stuff went wrong and it invariably did ....

Yours sincerely

I M Cynical
Warwickshire

Otherwise, it would be nice to know what standards CASSOA demand for their awards, and how often they check them!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
motorhome stored in a recognised storage facility in Rochester kent owners of storage yard arnt interested,[HI] on the phone to the police for 45 mins. they arnt even going to come and have a look
[/HI]

Nothing new there then:Angry: same old same old:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back