Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
I got our booking made for the Euro tunnel done today but not without completely cocking it all up.

I wanted to use some of the Tesco vouchers I had accumulated to pay for the tickets and was going to give Euro tunnel a call to find out the price before ordering the vouchers.

Instead of calling them I thought I would just get a price from the website instead. Bad idea. Having input all my details etc I ended up with a price of £230 something. Armed with this information I ordered my vouchers from Tesco and within a few minutes had the email with the codes on.

I rang Euro Tunnel and gave them the voucher code and details of travel when I was told by a very nice French chap I had way more than I needed on the voucher. The price was now £109 and if I use that voucher it will use the whole amount. He tried to look at sorting out a return but since I have no intention of returning till mid next year this wasn't possible.

So I rang Tesco and even though there was a receded message at the start of the call saying that vouchers are non refundable the very helpful lady on the phone refunded my vouchers and sorted out a new one for the correct amount.

Back on to Euro Tunnel and got booked OK. Phew that was supposed to be easy and would have been if I he'd just stuck to my original plan of CALLING them first.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
not sure why they quoted u that price but like brian says eurotunnel is around £90 unless you are travelling the same day as wen u book :Smile:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
not sure why they quoted u that price but like brian says eurotunnel is around £90 unless you are travelling the same day as wen u book :Smile:

Looks like it was something I did :Doh: as on checking online again I got the £109 price. Just had no idea what it should cost so just believed it :Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we have all done it :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Talking about cock ups and eurotunnel booked ours for 18th FEB with return on 25th MARCH .
A couple of days before our return sorted out passports etc found I had booked return for 25th FEB
Rang Eurotunnel very helpful guy on phone but still had to pay another £96 including dog not a happy bunny

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I got our booking made for the Euro tunnel done today but not without completely cocking it all up.

I wanted to use some of the Tesco vouchers I had accumulated to pay for the tickets and was going to give Euro tunnel a call to find out the price before ordering the vouchers.

Instead of calling them I thought I would just get a price from the website instead. Bad idea. Having input all my details etc I ended up with a price of £230 something. Armed with this information I ordered my vouchers from Tesco and within a few minutes had the email with the codes on.

I rang Euro Tunnel and gave them the voucher code and details of travel when I was told by a very nice French chap I had way more than I needed on the voucher. The price was now £109 and if I use that voucher it will use the whole amount. He tried to look at sorting out a return but since I have no intention of returning till mid next year this wasn't possible.

So I rang Tesco and even though there was a receded message at the start of the call saying that vouchers are non refundable the very helpful lady on the phone refunded my vouchers and sorted out a new one for the correct amount.

Back on to Euro Tunnel and got booked OK. Phew that was supposed to be easy and would have been if I he'd just stuck to my original plan of CALLING them first.

Don't beat yourself up. You get a multitude of options/ prices these days booking anything. First time I ever booked an air ticket online I didn't click the final ok. Wondered why I never got the confirmation.......... And of course it cost more by the time I got it right. We all learn as we go along -- but hey at least we're all trying these things--some don't get to do that!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just booked 7 may back 21 £165 £150 of it courtesy of mr tesco:thumb::thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
nice to know that I am not the only one who can complety b-----r some thing up.i am good at it.my wife said that I am almost perfect at it.:Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Don't beat yourself up. You get a multitude of options/ prices these days booking anything. First time I ever booked an air ticket online I didn't click the final ok. Wondered why I never got the confirmation.......... And of course it cost more by the time I got it right. We all learn as we go along -- but hey at least we're all trying these things--some don't get to do that!

Yeah but I should know better as I program stuff like that for a living :Doh:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
are you saying saying that to make me better.well it worked. THANKS.:thumb::thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We don't book our return until a few days before we come back. That way we're not under pressure to come back on a specific date. There is no discount for booking a return, and we usually find booking France-UK in France is a bit cheaper than booking the same in the UK.
It also avoids doin what you did :Smile:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
We don't book our return until a few days before we come back. That way we're not under pressure to come back on a specific date. There is no discount for booking a return, and we usually find booking France-UK in France is a bit cheaper than booking the same in the UK.
It also avoids doin what you did :Smile:

I didn't book the return because I honestly have no idea when we are returning to the UK or even if.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We have just booked for 10th May using Tesco vouchers. As you can't book a single from France back to UK using Tesco vouchers we have booked a return for October and will just change the date when we know when we are actually going to return :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back