Ile D'Oleron (soggy in Engerland) (1 Viewer)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Sat at a campsite called Le Maine on Ile D'Oleron.
Had intended to do Ile De Re as well now decided for another time as we love it here!
10 amp leccie, cracking wi fi, lots of walks and cycle paths all over at 16 euro and 7 for 6;

Soggy now in England lookit the weather.....30 degrees c today!!!!!

Attachments

• Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 46
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
A nice day trip is to the lighthouse "Phare de Chassiron" the views from the top are spectacular. Be aware the lighthouse operators take a typical French lunch.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Looks great there Ken, but their latest web site prices are 2012 and they seem to stop end of September. We would be interested if they are still open in October...

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Looks great there Ken, but their latest web site prices are 2012 and they seem to stop end of September. We would be interested if they are still open in October...

Catherine

Prices are from the office when we arrived.
In ACSI book open till 15 November :thumb:

Very quiet so if you want pubs n nightclubs not for you.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sat at a campsite called Le Maine on Ile D'Oleron.
Had intended to do Ile De Re as well now decided for another time as we love it here!
10 amp leccie, cracking wi fi, lots of walks and cycle paths all over at 16 euro and 7 for 6;

Soggy now in England lookit the weather.....30 degrees c today!!!!!

Hi Ken we are lower down from you and are getting the same temps with pure blue skies.30c yesterday 28.5 today at 17.34pm. we can all breath a sigh of relief as ALAN soggy is now in the UK just received a skype from him saying he is in or near Newark....poor sods I feel sorry for them and the Uk...he brought rain on us when came out of Spain and met up with us just above biarritz,on the 19th march...then he went to his sisters Brenda...and gave them rain...then he left for you at PARC Verger...he said the weather was dire...then onto Milleraye....they shut the aire before he got there. saying they was tarmacing the road...hehe..he has just said while he was a BOULOGNE it was a keen frost ..France can breath and look forward to full sun again the dark cloud has now passed over:RollEyes::winky:
Look even Brittany Ferries have just pulled into the lake on a cruise tour''
.Wait a minute:Eeek: somebody must have shouted iceburg (must have been left over from alan floated down from Bologne).. it looks like they a jumping ship the brittanies ferry cruise could be over
more photo's to follow

Attachments

• P4160014.jpg
    P4160014.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Prices are from the office when we arrived.
In ACSI book open till 15 November :thumb:

Very quiet so if you want pubs n nightclubs not for you.

Thanks Ken - we'll be exhausted in October on our way home so will enjoy the quiet!

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We are now at Rutland Caravan and Camping site and the sun is shining here too. We have had sun all the time since we left Parc Verger although we have had a few early morning frosts.

Our tap is now fixed and we should be home tomorrow.

Kath and Howie

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It's sunny here in Aylesbury and from my office window, can see that the surf is up, so gonna finish early and catch some waves :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Now just look here young Mel, we travelled up through Spain and into France in pouring rain just to meet up with the lovely Chris and what happened. As soon as we got there---there is no denying it as we have photographic evidence--------We brought a little ray of sunshine so that Chris could change her Northern France rust in to a beautiful tan,you are just an old cross patch because you had no tele. and we did

evidence included

Attachments

• Mel and Chris 003 (Small).jpg
    Mel and Chris 003 (Small).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 21

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
photos

jumping ship....is this the end of Brittany ferries:RollEyes::winky::winky:

Attachments

• P4160016.jpg
    P4160016.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P4160022.jpg
    P4160022.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P4160018.jpg
    P4160018.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P4160017.jpg
    P4160017.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 12

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Now just look here young Mel, we travelled up through Spain and into France in pouring rain just to meet up with the lovely Chris and what happened. As soon as we got there---there is no denying it as we have photographic evidence--------We brought a little ray of sunshine so that Chris could change her Northern France rust in to a beautiful tan,you are just an old cross patch because you had no tele. and we did

evidence included

No Alan the sun was already here ...what you brought is the black cloud and rain:Eeek::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it's funny that before you came and after you left we had nowt but sun and high temps.....i rest my case....but I must agree it was nice to see you three again ...and I bet it was a nice change for you that bit of sunshine when you arrived..before your black cloud caught up with you..I think you mentioned coming through northern Spain you was in rain:thumb:

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

evidence included

Where are you Now:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back