Hymer B555 - kitchen tap stopped working URGENT!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
HELP.

When I was in Morocco for some reason my kitchen tap stopped working, although the shower still works fine.

I totally forgot about it but am "pimping the van" for it's first rental Saturday and just realised.

Has anyone got any ideas please, a trickle of water comes out when I switch the tap on then nothing.

Thanks.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
is the pump on and can you hear it working?

does the bathroom tap work ok?

does the kichen tap do the same on both hot and cold?

is it a mixer type tap,?

do you know if its a presure type system or do the taps have switchs

if the bath room tape works, turn it on , then turn on the kitchen tap, does it work now.?

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
is the pump on and can you hear it working?

does the bathroom tap work ok?

does the kichen tap do the same on both hot and cold?

is it a mixer type tap,?

do you know if its a presure type system or do the taps have switchs

if the bath room tape works, turn it on , then turn on the kitchen tap, does it work now.?

Right, being a deafie, I can't hear any pump.......so that's useless.

Both taps are mixer taps.

The bathroom tap works no problem and when I turn it on and turn the kitchen tap on the kitchen tap also works.

You are clever, thanks!!!! :thumb:

BUT, when I turn the bathroom tap off, the kitchen tap stops working. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The pump is a submersible model hanging in the fresh tank. It is activated electrically by microswitches in the taps. The one in your sink tap has failed but the shower one is working: hence water out of the open kitchen tap when the shower is opened. You need to replace the microswitch in the kitchen tap. It is a Reich model tap. Search on the internet for instructions / guides.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Right, being a deafie, I can't hear any pump.......so that's useless.

Both taps are mixer taps.

The bathroom tap works no problem and when I turn it on and turn the kitchen tap on the kitchen tap also works.

You are clever, thanks!!!! :thumb:

BUT, when I turn the bathroom tap off, the kitchen tap stops working. :Sad:

ok then you probibly have a tap with switchs in it to make it work,

( because when the bathroom tap is live, the pump runs and water flows, then when you open the kitchen tap it also flows, but when you shut down the bath tap the kitchen tap also stops)

look under the kitchen tap to see if theres any wires, there shuld be if its a switched tap, they will connect to a small micro switch which will possibly need replacing, sometimes they can just stick and if taken out and the little pin is freed off they will carry on working again ok but best to fit a new one at some piont.

(the fact that it stoped working in moroco may have been down to heat causing the switch to stick)

good luck

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am pretty sure the above is right, but I have a Hymer and an identical problem last year that was not the switch

My kitchen tap folds away (the spout folds up) when I lowered it I had no water just like you, but then found the spout needs to be 'clicked' down into position, only a few more millimetres of move but that then made my tap work :thumb:

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
Look on the Hymer international club site full instructions and photographs it free to look.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds like the microswitch is faulty if the tap runs when another tap is turned on.

There are a number of different type so go to www.johnscross.co.uk and type microswitch in search box and then space bar and a selection should drop down

Pter

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Thanks guys,

you've all been great!

I've ordered a new tap, just as easy to replace the whole thing I thought and will look slightly nicer.

I really appreciate all your help. ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Pinkie have you ordered the right taps ?I only ask because a micro switch is around 4 quid normal mixer taps say £50 and micro switched mixers around £90 IF you have micro switched taps normal pressure taps wont work:Doh: and I am 99% sure you have micro switched taps :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Okay, this has just gone from BAD to WORSE!!!!

As (I forgot!) it's good Friday today, new tap won't arrive in time, so bought the microswitch part and disconnected tap, which I assume is the "Deluxe" tap, to put in a new microswitch.

I can't remove microswitch from the tap, so I tried to do tap back up and the water hose bit won't stay in place in the tap, it keeps slipping down, can't work out why, but I have gone from tap doesn't work to -------there is a permanent leak under the sink!

Oh god, give me strength........................I've still got the toilet "freshen up kit to do" for C3 which is labelled 1994 onwards, although I have a 1992 motorhome.....................

worried!!!! :cry:

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
The pump is a submersible model hanging in the fresh tank. It is activated electrically by microswitches in the taps. The one in your sink tap has failed but the shower one is working: hence water out of the open kitchen tap when the shower is opened. You need to replace the microswitch in the kitchen tap. It is a Reich model tap. Search on the internet for instructions / guides.

I had the same thing on my old Hymer last year, it was the micro- switch on the tape, it is a Reich and it will cost around £90 because AFAIK, the micro-switch is part of the tap itself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back