Nikon D7000 Recommendations/feedback? (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi,
I have a chance of a reasonably priced Nikon D7000 with Nikon 18-105 DX VR lens, certainly not very old and genuinely hardly used, an impulse buy with the best intensions, however after a family holiday it went into the cupboard in its box. Shutter actuations less than 400.
Has anyone got one of these cameras? How do you find it? recommendations? Problems? Good bits and bad (if there are any).

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The D7000 is a well regarded body. It has mag alloy top and bottom plates and the controls are moisture-proofed with O-rings. I have not used one but played around with one when they came out. I found the body a little small but that is probably because my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be. The lens is a 'kit' version often sold with the body so will be perfectly serviceable but not Nikon's finest. The new price for the lens is around £200.
If I were replacing my D70 I would certainly consider the D7100 (replacement for 7000) but might be inclined towards the older D300S.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I have the D300 with an 18-200 VR and a Sigma 140-400

Can only say it is a great camera tho I do lust after the new full frame D800!!!:Eeek:

(Steph just walloped me and said keep wishing) :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have one........with various lenses.....but only use it for studio work.
I came to the conclusion some time ago that for carrying around ...35 mm cameras are too cumbersome and too heavy.

I now use a Fiji X10 or and even lighter Fuji EXR 600 when outside...pocketable and still good sharp pics.

I'd sell the Nikon and buy something portable.
Unless you intend shooting for reproduction/print I wouldn't bother with heavy 35 mm cameras.

barry:Smile:

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I have one........with various lenses.....but only use it for studio work.
I came to the conclusion some time ago that for carrying around ...35 mm cameras are too cumbersome and too heavy.

I now use a Fiji X10 or and even lighter Fuji EXR 600 when outside...pocketable and still good sharp pics.

I'd sell the Nikon and buy something portable.
Unless you intend shooting for reproduction/print I wouldn't bother with heavy 35 mm cameras.

barry:Smile:

Hi Barry,
yep, I have a nice little Finepix for carrying in my pocket (great snapshots)and a Nikon D40 with a couple of lenses that I enjoy using for local scenery shots and animals etc. The D7000 is my mate's who is selling it and was thinking of it as an upgrade for the D40, it is heavier than the D40 for sure.
I was looking at whether the upgrade to the D7000 was a good investment for a partial, but growing hobby.

Regards,

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Hi,
I have a chance of a reasonably priced Nikon D7000 with Nikon 18-105 DX VR lens, certainly not very old and genuinely hardly used, an impulse buy with the best intensions, however after a family holiday it went into the cupboard in its box. Shutter actuations less than 400.
Has anyone got one of these cameras? How do you find it? recommendations? Problems? Good bits and bad (if there are any).

Regards,

Have a look at:

http://kenrockwell.com/

a great site with all the info you could want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Have a look at:

http://kenrockwell.com/

a great site with all the info you could want.

According to Ken...............he no longer bothers with 35mm for his day to day carry around cameras.
he has been a great fan of the much smaller and lighter Fuji X100s.......and raves about it.
And the X100s like its previous incarnation the X100 is a fixed lens........no zoom at all.

I also agree with Ken that good photography has absolutely nothing to do with equipment. It has everything to do with content .
Expensive cameras do not make a good photograph...........just like expensive golf clubs don't make a good golfer.

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back