Easylifter motorcycle trailer anyone? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Can anyone help please. I purchased an Easylifter trailer to transport my scooter.
In the past I have had various types of traiers but after much research found the Easylifter fitted my needs. I assembled it today and loaded the scooter but found the jacking mechanism wasn't lifting the scooter and rack but was actually lifting the rear of the motorhome. After a few seconds, crash, the jackpad buckled and the bottle jack base twisted. It most definitely will not lift my scooter.
Has anyone had issues with these trailers or returned them under complaint. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thankyou.
Wilf
Please PM me if you want.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Is this the one with castor type wheels? I have been considering buying one myself but have had reservations as Ive not been able to find much info/recommendations etc on the net also no luck when phoning the manufacturer .............no reply on phone so put on back burner until I come across someone who uses one. I bought a scooter to put in motorhome garage and will leave the Harley at home for this years trips to France. Sorry I can be no help but am very interested in your experience.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Is this the one with castor type wheels? I have been considering buying one myself but have had reservations as Ive not been able to find much info/recommendations etc on the net also no luck when phoning the manufacturer .............no reply on phone so put on back burner until I come across someone who uses one. I bought a scooter to put in motorhome garage and will leave the Harley at home for this years trips to France. Sorry I can be no help but am very interested in your experience.
I did a lot of research on this site with funsters and talked to a motorhome owner in France who used one. All was very positive until now when I am finding it doesn't like heavy lifts. My scooter is less in weight then the manufacturers 250kg maximum lift. I have sent the manufacturer an email with photographs of all relevant faults so hopefully the problem can be resolved without a problem, or am I dreaming.
Will post the outcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Can anyone help please. I purchased an Easylifter trailer to transport my scooter.
In the past I have had various types of traiers but after much research found the Easylifter fitted my needs. I assembled it today and loaded the scooter but found the jacking mechanism wasn't lifting the scooter and rack but was actually lifting the rear of the motorhome. After a few seconds, crash, the jackpad buckled and the bottle jack base twisted. It most definitely will not lift my scooter.
Has anyone had issues with these trailers or returned them under complaint. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thankyou.
Wilf
Please PM me if you want.

Not quite sure I understand. If it struggled to lift the scooter surely it would force the rear of the motorhome down rather than up?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it sounds to me as though it is incorrectly assembled and you have been trying to lift the motorhome rather than the scooter, photos might help those with first hand experience give the correct answer

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the description does indicate that this is an assembly mistake, with the bottlejack lifting the van and not the bike. in effect you are pushing down, not up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back