LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
anyone on btinternet.com have you been changed over to their new email from the bt yahoo mail server? if you have how did you get on?
as i have been changed over and i am not a happy bunny:Angry:
just spent 2 days trying to get my btinternet.com emails with bt telling me i need a bt id to get MY emails after filling in the from 6 times now,tried forgotten password they now tell me i do not have an email account:Eeek:
i have now calmed down :thumb: tomorrow is another day::bigsmile:
so i might be able to get hold of some kind person at bt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
who can sort THERE bloody mess out
sorry one and all still not calmed down it seems!!!!!!!

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Bill,

I'm not with BT but wondered if you are logging in like this? According to BT.....

You now need to log in via BT.com instead of the BT Yahoo portal.

If you already know about this method, ignore me!

Regards
James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
it seems friday/saturday 11-12/04/2014 not to sure as i got my emails thursday
10/04/2014 then tried sunday 13/04/2014 thats when i went round and around trying to get my emails
Bill

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
anyone on btinternet.com have you been changed over to their new email from the bt yahoo mail server? if you have how did you get on?
as i have been changed over and i am not a happy bunny:Angry:
just spent 2 days trying to get my btinternet.com emails with bt telling me i need a bt id to get MY emails after filling in the from 6 times now,tried forgotten password they now tell me i do not have an email account:Eeek:
i have now calmed down :thumb: tomorrow is another day::bigsmile:
so i might be able to get hold of some kind person at bt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
who can sort THERE bloody mess out
sorry one and all still not calmed down it seems!!!!!!!
Are you aware it is the original BT email and not any other you may have changed it to. By that I mean I use xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx one to sign on now for BT but it is not the same as the very first that was xxxxxxxx@btinternet.com which I still have to use for emails :thumb:

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
Hi Bill,

I'm not with BT but wondered if you are logging in like this? According to BT.....

You now need to log in via BT.com instead of the BT Yahoo portal.

If you already know about this method, ignore me!

Regards
James

yep James
tried to log in via bt.com thats when you get a page up saying you have to set up a BT ID. after 6 times it gets you alittle upset that was sunday so being a sunday thought i will wait untill today (monday) i do not know how many times i've tried today.
Bill

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
yep James
tried to log in via bt.com thats when you get a page up saying you have to set up a BT ID. after 6 times it gets you alittle upset that was sunday so being a sunday thought i will wait untill today (monday) i do not know how many times i've tried today.
Bill

I have had a lot of scam emails purporting to be from bt wanting me to put my details in, you havnt responded to one of these , have you

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is a copy of one I have had today

Dear Customer,

This e-mail has been sent to you by BT to inform you that we were unable to process your last payment of bill.This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: billing address, phone)
2. Submitting incorrect Payment information during bill payment process.

Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today.
Confirm your account by clicking here.

Regards,
BT Billing Department

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
SandJ yes btinternet.com email.
Chaser no (spam email) its on bt.com there home page click on email

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just went to bt.com and logged straight in using btinternet.com mail address no probs

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
this is the page i get after i log in (this is a copy and paste)
Your new BT Mail inbox is ready

Before you take a look, set up your BT ID, the new way to manage your email in My BT.

You’re about to discover a brand new BT Mail. You’ll get a sleek new inbox with a clutter-free layout and loads of new features. Before you take a look, set up your BT ID, which will allow you to manage your email. You’ll be able to create a new email addresses, delete old ones and update all your details in My BT.
If you already use My BT, you’ll be able to link your login details and your BT Mail address into one BT ID as part of this journey - so you’ll only have one username and password to remember for all your BT services.
Setting up a BT ID only takes a couple of minutes, but if you’re in a rush you can skip this for up to 30 days. You can check how many days you have left at the bottom of this page. We recommend that you set yours up now; it’s only three quick steps.

Set up my BT ID

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not had that,,,, is that really from BT and am i likely to get the same....:Eeek:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That link you put up doesn't ask for a id or anything, I have bt and had nothing about changing anything apart from the scam things

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I use the ipad email thingy to log in to mail and put my details in there and it just collects emails automatic , never asks for any id, and nothing's changed

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
I use the ipad email thingy to log in to mail and put my details in there and it just collects emails automatic , never asks for any id, and nothing's changed
yet
they are changing from yahoo server's to there own server's
acording to bt help :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:forum there seems a lot of customer's are having a lot of fun with this new server:Eeek::Eeek:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Just spent ages going round and round the houses
At one point I got a glimpse of my mail box
Thought ooh it sorted but no in the search and a blank screen
No new mail in it
but then it's not my usual mail box

I only ever access through Bt site or yahoo

Getting fed up now
Because I can't get in not that I need too

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hope I'm not tempting fate here but I have just been to bt and logged in as usual and my email was on there although I hadn't actually checked my emails on there before:thumb:

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
right i can get my phone account ie phone bill,phone usage etc. but not my email's, so its not a scam site.

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
I'm with BT and still seem to be using the old bt yahoo server and have not experienced any problems so far.
Bt ditched yahoo last year in favour of White Label so although I can log on either through BT.com or login.yahoo.com I'm not really sure who is providing the email service.
More on the subject at this address:- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/0...ised_over_http_and_details_kept_in_log_files/

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All I get via Bt is a blank screen and this web site address in the search bar

https://m.mg.mail.yahoo.com/hg/

As it appeared I had a slight glimpse of my emails
Long enough to see I had no new ones

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

When I click on that link, my emails come up without any logging in and never been to it before, strange

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
how about this BT have sent me an email :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
to my btinternet.com account :cry::Doh: with a pin number so i can access my btinternet.com account:Angry:
do not know if to laugh or cry

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
how about this BT have sent me an email :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
to my btinternet.com account :cry::Doh: with a pin number so i can access my btinternet.com account:Angry:
do not know if to laugh or cry

So how have you got it then, and why a number, what's that for

OP
OP
TheHat

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
bt sent me sms to my mobil phone to tell me that they have sent a pin number to access my btinternet.com email .i will let you know what it is all about when i get hold of a person who can talk english tomorrow hopefully
i am of to bed now after a very large drink

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back