Free Member
Apr 21, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2001
I consider myself to be quite a young and experienced motorhomer I am 50 years old and been motorhomeing for about 8 years, I still work full time, I am quite flexible at work and can take 2-3 months holiday off spread over a 12 month period, last year we drove to Bulgaria we visited 10 countries and covered 5,000 miles over the 6 week summer holidays,
as well as working full time my wife and I are foster carers and have had the same three children in our care for the last three years the youngest was 6 weeks old when she came in our care her brother was 1 and her sister was 2. Now all three children are 3,4,5 year old and we have decided to adopt all three,
Most people we know think we are insane and they are probably right, I have never organised a rally but I have this burning desire to do something along the lines of booking a camp site where other members can come either with there own children, grand children or borrow some children it doesn't really matter,
It would maybe be a weekend or a school week, I don't know if anything like this has ever been done before please let me know what you think.:Smile:

Dennis.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Yes, you are insane, but the right kind of insane.
The hat is off to you.
Love isn't something we can put a price on, eh?:thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I consider myself to be quite a young and experienced motorhomer I am 50 years old and been motorhomeing for about 8 years, I still work full time, I am quite flexible at work and can take 2-3 months holiday off spread over a 12 month period, last year we drove to Bulgaria we visited 10 countries and covered 5,000 miles over the 6 week summer holidays,
as well as working full time my wife and I are foster carers and have had the same three children in our care for the last three years the youngest was 6 weeks old when she came in our care her brother was 1 and her sister was 2. Now all three children are 3,4,5 year old and we have decided to adopt all three,
Most people we know think we are insane and they are probably right, I have never organised a rally but I have this burning desire to do something along the lines of booking a camp site where other members can come either with there own children, grand children or borrow some children it doesn't really matter,
It would maybe be a weekend or a school week, I don't know if anything like this has ever been done before please let me know what you think.:Smile:

Dennis.

Hi Denbo
It's a lovely idea but I have to say, people bring their kids or grand kids to the Funster rally's anyway. There's nothing like wearing them out with a days worth of fresh air!

At Bills Fix it Meet, we are having a few sporty games that the kids will enjoy, rounders cricket etc. Why not come along to that meet with the kids? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I'm sure you will get a few members jumping at the chance of a family kids meet. Ours have grown and were enjoying child free weekends now.
Though they still come when not working , now and again.

But let me just say how fantastic of you for deciding to adopt your foster children
:notworthy: hats off to you giving them all a loving forever family.
We know how hard it is to have 3 very young children first hand. :thumb:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I'm sure you will get a few members jumping at the chance of a family kids meet. Ours have grown and were enjoying child free weekends now.
Though they still come when not working , now and again.

But let me just say how fantastic of you for deciding to adopt your foster children
:notworthy: hats off to you giving them all a loving forever family.
We know how hard it is to have 3 very young children first hand. :thumb:

My thoughts exactly :notworthy::notworthy:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have just come home from a weekend at scarborough with 3 of our grandkids, 8, 7 and 5 we have the pile of sick covered bed linen and duvets a mountain high waiting by the washing machine.

We are really glad we bought a can of Fabrese as part of our basic motorhome kit. I will be adding bin liners, extra linen, blankets, towels and a twin tub!

Husband took king sized duvet and sheet to wash in the shower at 11.30 pm, forgot the soap and towel, he was busy swilling away and the lights went out .... The censor is only activated from the outer area! Bless :Rofl1

Had to take a car and motorhome because we only have 4 belted seats, I lost him three times........On the final time I sussed it, I rang the tracking company and asked them where he was:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Final disaster. (I hope) today thought i would console us with an easy tea pasta & prawns but somehow siphoned boiling water up the packet and now have lost quite a bit of skin off my arm. Went to motorhome for first aid kit no dressings big enough so I think a better first aid kit is needed .

Husband is now sitting on the sofa rocking! I will ask him later if he would like a rally with the kids I think it would push him over the edge at the mo.

So what lovely people you are taking on 3 small children......hats off to you!:thumb:::bigsmile:

And now the :wine:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What great grandparents you are. Granjan :thumb: I used to really envy parents who had doting grandparents. Though with all the sick you sound like you've been really spoiling them :winky:
My mother used to say she'd have 2 of ours but wouldn't have 3 ! When ours were little.
(3 under 2) God knows what we were supposed to do with the other. Hence no nights out etc. Let alone weekends away.
We'd have really appreciated a weekend away without them , when so young.
Then again she also said why don't you get a night shift job ( when I was still breast feeding the twins) and Ralph working long days as a builder. When we used to be really skint :ROFLMAO:
But we got by , got through the other end. In one piece.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You are right I think the sickness was our own fault they have had all sorts of stuff this weekend but I think it was the two donuts each on the way back to the car that just tipped one of them over the edge.......

To be honest I think it is often easier to have more of them together as they entertain each other and with plenty of fresh air they are zonked! ::bigsmile:

Will just limit the donuts next time!

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
What a happy story. At 44, I have 2 children; one of 10 and one aged 6. I really admire your dedication and wish you all every happiness.

I'd love to come along to a rally with kids but what with recent legislation changes, which make it difficult to take kids out of school during term time, it might have to be weekend or school holiday.

Cheers,
Lee.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
please let me know what you think.:Smile:

Dennis.

I think that you are wonderful.

Around here it would be grandchildren.

Also we are a load of cheapskates, anything over 2s 6d a night frightens us to death.

But give it a go.

Look at the calendar on the front page to avoid conflicts.

Why not join us at one of those meets.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Children are always welcome at fun rallies, if a number are coming I usually put out a few games for them

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
If there are kids about - I'll invite my friend.....he has the perfect van for them:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Attachments

• childcatcher.jpeg
    childcatcher.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
Denbo

Denbo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2001
Kids

I have booked onto the Chester and the Peterborough show so if you see a stressed out bloke with 3 young kids please remind me everything will be ok:Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have booked onto the Chester and the Peterborough show [HI]so if you see a stressed out bloke with 3 young kids please remind me everything will be ok[/HI]:Smile:

Wife taking the weekend off is she...?

I'm sure you will all be fine! If you keep the kids up late enough they'll be able to laugh at happy funsters falling over, and no doubt they will also be able to expand their vocabulary a lot. These meets are very educational - Teddybard can make up and read poetry to them, and we have some very talented funsters coming who can show them how to play a ukulele, or give them short talks on immigration, citizens' rights, local motorhome parking policies and other essentials which you wouldn't want them to miss out on. And I'm sure Dawn B will have something up her sleeve to entertain them...!

I look forward to meeting you. If it's of any interest my partner's brother has also just adopted 2 foster children, and he & his wife are in their sixties - very brave...

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
A good idea, most places we go to there seems to be hardly any junior school aged kids around.
It would be nice for them to have some fun with their age group as well as old-er ones :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back